Thread: titling

titling

how would go about titling an old race car with no title. The dash is gone and replaced with aluminium so no vin, and the firewall is modified sheet metal from having the motor set back so no trim tag. The title has been long gone the car has raced almost its entire life. Surprisingly enouph the car isnt that hacked up. The car had quarters and wheelhouses trunk floors, comes with new doors, fenders and header. I could get the car cheap its been in restoration limbo for years now. Everyone is scared off b/c of title issues.

go talk to the people in the courthouse they can start you in the right direction

Country Flag: United States
    Call your local DMV inspector ,he SHOULD know the state laws regarding titles. In-fact you may want to call the inspectors in a couple other counties to make sure their stories match.........

1968 F100 sb full vic chassis swap
    1965 Mustang coupe 347 5 spd cheap touring SOLD
    2003 Porsche 996 Outlaw LS2 swap SOLD
    1992 Lexus SC400 daily SOLD
    1966 Porsche 912 Outlaw SOLD
    1968 Ford F-100 sb SOLD

Country Flag: United States
    i sold one on ebay once

Depending how old there should be more hidden VINs. There might be one back behind the taillight.
    If you can find a VIN then I would think it would be easier to verify it's not stolen (which is the biggest issue, IMHO) and then you should be able to get a VIN from the state, like they do for kit cars and homebuilts.
    Jason Scheer