Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 92 s10

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by FirstGenZq8 View Post
      tyson i need to find your build thread and see how you fit your wheels/tires in the front, adapter size, how much you're lowered, rubbing issues, etc.

first gens are CHEAP. i'm partial to them, but you've got a sharp truck. keep it!
      Solid first gens are hard to find in Eastern Canada but I'm keeping my eyes open.

I don't know how much I'm lowered from stock but my fender lips are around 25 3/4" on all corners now. First gens have less tire clearance in the front so fitment will probably be different. In the front I can clear 275/40's on either 4th gen f-body 17x9's or C5 'vette 17x9.5 wheels just using a 2.5" adapter. I can't clear the C6 17x9.5's that I run on the 'bird with that spacer, the UCA hits the lip of the wheel (hard). Clearance in the rear is no problem: with a 2.5" adapter I could clear an 18x10.5 with a 295/35. I would occasionally scuff the inside of the box on a really hard auto-X transition but only enough to lightly buff the paint. I could probably go to a 3" spacer on all sides and still clear the fender lips.

I don't have a thread on here yet, I don't have enough motor to qualify for pro-touring (yet)! Project thread is here http://www.s10planet.com/forum/showt...=15359&page=38
      Tyson
      '95 Firebird Formula: suspension + 315's
      '66 Mustang Coupe, 289

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by RBEAST View Post
      im running a 94 c1500 and i have 335/35/19 on all 4 corners and no rubbing anywhere and ive learned there is no subsistute for tire width when it comes to handling.
      whaaaa?? Click here: https://www.pro-touring.com/newthrea...ewthread&f=152

Quote Originally Posted by rentedmule View Post
      Solid first gens are hard to find in Eastern Canada but I'm keeping my eyes open.

I don't know how much I'm lowered from stock but my fender lips are around 25 3/4" on all corners now. First gens have less tire clearance in the front so fitment will probably be different. In the front I can clear 275/40's on either 4th gen f-body 17x9's or C5 'vette 17x9.5 wheels just using a 2.5" adapter. I can't clear the C6 17x9.5's that I run on the 'bird with that spacer, the UCA hits the lip of the wheel (hard). Clearance in the rear is no problem: with a 2.5" adapter I could clear an 18x10.5 with a 295/35. I would occasionally scuff the inside of the box on a really hard auto-X transition but only enough to lightly buff the paint. I could probably go to a 3" spacer on all sides and still clear the fender lips.

I don't have a thread on here yet, I don't have enough motor to qualify for pro-touring (yet)! Project thread is here http://www.s10planet.com/forum/showt...=15359&page=38
      do you know the offsets and/or BS of the f-body 17X9's and C5 17X9.5's?

i'm slowly making my way through your thread. it's gonna take awhile.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com