Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Pontiac 455 EFI inatake manifolds

Hi All,

I've been looking for some time now to change to efi...are there any ITB type manifolds for Pontiac engines or am I limited to converting a standard carb manifold? Another option would be to go with something like a Hogan intake but I would really like to have that 8 trumpet look going.

Thanks!
      Manuel Scettri
      ------------------------------------------------
      1973 Firebird - Pontiac 455
      1990 2 Door 4Runner - byebye
      2016 KIA Sportage diesel - The Daily Driver

Edelbrock does offer the Victor with EFI bungs. As far as off the shelve EFI intakes for classsic Pontiac motors, thats the only one I know of. If your application needs a different type of intake, youre on your own. Converting an intake isnt really a big deal. 8 fuel injector bungs welded in and working out the fuel rails. Or, you can have it done by someone like Wilsons.
      I had Wilsons convert my Pontiac Victor intake to EFI before they were available directly from Edelbrock. Not using it anymore because I moved to CV-1 heads and they require a custom symmetrical intake manifold.

Country Flag: United States
      Yes, Edelbrock is offering the Victor and Super Victor off the shelf Pontiac EFI Manifold. How ever Pacific Performance is offering the Crosswind and Tomahawk Manifolds with EFI bungs and fuel rails.

http://www.pacificperformanceracing....manifolds.html
      Oliver Shultz
      It's OK to giggle and snicker. don't laugh and point

I think he is talking about an intake like this, an individual throttle body intake. This is on a Can-Am car. Unfortunately it is on a SBO I believe and probably extremely rare.

1996 Federal Cadillac hearse
      1988 Eureka Chevy hearse

These guys advertise one: http://www.kinsler.com/page--Home-Page--13.html

IIRC, there is someone on the PY board that was in the process of making some.
      1967 Firebird Convert, Fuel Injected 462 ci, TKO 600
      http://1967firebird.atwebpages.com

i looked into them when I was thinking of going this route. Get ready to spend a lot of money, there quote to me for a complete custome set up similar was about $20k

Not ITBs but here's another option.
      http://butlerperformance.com/product...Injection.html

I've been thinking about using the Professional Products port injection system. http://www.professional-products.com/EFI_2.php

Nice thing about the Butler setup is that they have some base maps that will get you going pretty good right off the bat. They also dress (port/cleanup)the manifolds some before going out the door, makes a difference/saves time.

PPR markets the PP PowerJection II at probably the best price, though the PowerJection III is about to be released. Obviously, this system is based on the Tomahawk intake.

Edelbrock is getting ready to sell a kit for the Pontiac, based on the 2 EFi intakes they have. They use a branded MoTec ECU if my memory serves me correctly.

Kinsler will build anything, though as stated, you pay. 20k is steep for just a 'wow-factor'.

You could look at Marren, they do custom stuff too, much more reasonably priced, just as good if not better work. ( injector.com ) All you would basically need is to use a chebby setup and adapt a Pontiac flange.

HWYSTR455 on PY
      1971 Lemans Sport 461 bottle fed daily driver
      1971 Trans Am 474 blown EFI pro tour car
      1972 442 W-30 clone

there's lots more then just adapting a pontiac flange to fit a sbc intake to a pontiac.
      i've always had a hard-on for exotic poncho intakes also.
      i converted a mickey thompson crossram to port efi with hidden rails and dual 4V efi TB's.
      consider using an older mechanical injection intake (u can find 'em on ebay every so often) and adapting it to fit your presumably late style heads, then make it efi.
      there's a british company selling ITB's with injectors built in, or add bungs to the intake.
      pontiac's easy to do cause of the valley cover being divorced from the intake, unlike a chevy.

Thanks guys! That was exactly what I was looking for. Not too easy to get that type of intake on a Pontiac. I was thinking of doing something like the original Testarossa Ferraris, the stacks just flush with the hood with a plexiglass cover over that. Yeah, no air filter but I'm sure I can come up with something that can be put on for those long drives.
      Manuel Scettri
      ------------------------------------------------
      1973 Firebird - Pontiac 455
      2016 KIA Sportage diesel - The Daily Driver

Hi All,

This past year I developed a IR manifold for Pontiac engines. I currently have an 8 stack setup using Weber 48 IDFs on DCI Motorsports Ram Air V heads. The engine produces about 700 HP. I compete in road racing events and recently ran the car at Laguna Seca. It performed very well.
      I am developing an 8 stack setup for stock D port Pontiac heads and will be offering these both with Weber carburetors as well as an EFI solution. These will be on my website early this Summer.

Name:  IMG_20230319_111451064.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  391.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rockvillespeed View Post
      there's lots more then just adapting a pontiac flange to fit a sbc intake to a pontiac.
      i've always had a hard-on for exotic poncho intakes also.
      i converted a mickey thompson crossram to port efi with hidden rails and dual 4V efi TB's.
      consider using an older mechanical injection intake (u can find 'em on ebay every so often) and adapting it to fit your presumably late style heads, then make it efi.
      there's a british company selling ITB's with injectors built in, or add bungs to the intake.
      pontiac's easy to do cause of the valley cover being divorced from the intake, unlike a chevy.
      @ rockvillespeed - I remember this intake from PY Forums I think! Whatever happened to it? So cool!!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

I'm not familiar with the PY forum? This manifold was created fairly recently....I did the dwgs in early 2022 and this past year machined the molds for the runners and laid up the carbon fiber runners. Heres another shot prior to going on the engine.
      Name:  FB_IMG_1675558262660.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  91.6 KB

That's a beautiful piece right there!

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by CastleWorks View Post
      I'm not familiar with the PY forum? This manifold was created fairly recently....I did the dwgs in early 2022 and this past year machined the molds for the runners and laid up the carbon fiber runners. Heres another shot prior to going on the engine.
      Name:  FB_IMG_1675558262660.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  91.6 KB
      http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/index.php
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by CastleWorks View Post
      I'm not familiar with the PY forum?
      Pontiac "Performance Years forum"... @rockvillespeed had been working on a crazy Mickey Thompson cross ram intake with EFI!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

I'll have to check it out, sounds interesting! Thanks.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com