Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

best four post lift ????

Hey out there ...who has the best (quality & price) four post lift out there...Also i have seen prices from 1700 to 3800 and everyone tells you their lift is the best some of the lifts have bearings and some have bushings etc. etc any one have any thoughts or comments...thanks for your time Bret [email protected]

Country Flag: United States
      From what I have seen and read Bendpak is the way to go......Thats what I will buy when I get one.
      1968 F100 sb full vic chassis swap
      1965 Mustang coupe 347 5 spd cheap touring SOLD
      2003 Porsche 996 Outlaw LS2 swap SOLD
      1992 Lexus SC400 daily SOLD
      1966 Porsche 912 Outlaw SOLD
      1968 Ford F-100 sb SOLD

my dad bought an Eagle I think (off of Ebay actually)

It has served us well for the past three years or so.

We use Forward at work and they never give us problems, pumps and motors never get replaced except on one and this has been over 10 years so they last a long time, especially if used at home
      1968 Camaro Crossram EFI 385, TKO 600 fully REMed. 594 hp/576 tq-ft. ATX spindles, Speedtech control arms, Chassis Works G-Link on 12 bolt with REMed gears, Chassis Works mini tubs, 245/40-17 front, 335/35-17 rear.

Bringing this back up, will be buying a 4 post lift for my home garage. Any other recommendations?

I had a 4 post Direct lift installed in my home garage recently. I went with an authorized seller & installer. I was considering installing it myself, but after watching 2 experienced guys do it, I'm glad I paid for installation.

Mine is a 110v version, and my only complaint is it's a little slow, about 2 minutes for full lift height. For me, this is primarily for parking and projects on the Cutlass, and oil changes and general maintenance on the daily drivers. Good news is, if I ever run 220v to the garage I can simply swap out the motor & pump and lift time is cut in about half. My garage is a double deep 2 car layout, so I had the ceiling in the back half raised and I insulated and finished it myself.

It's very stable, I was concerned about that since it's an "inexpensive" unit, but I don't see any quality issues with it. I plan on adding a rolling jack bridge and LED uplights as well.

Any questions I'd be glad to help if I can.

Name:  Lift A.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  115.8 KB

Name:  Lift B.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  135.9 KB

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

I have two Direct Lifts. One like above and a heavier wider taller version. Both work great, no issues.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Are you using it for storage or wanting to work on your car? 2 post is the way to go if doing any maintenance. I have a Bendpak Grandprix series and absolutely love it
      '68 Chevy Camaro Pro-tour ~ project DMENTD
      '57 Chevy 3100 Pro-tour pickup ~ under construction

Thanks for the responses. I need it for both storage and maintenance. Living in San Diego lot sizes are small and I don't have room for a 3 car garage so, the Camaro needs to go on top. I have read that the two post versions seem to be preferable for maintenance but most of the 4 posts have built in jack capabilities to remove wheels, do brakes, etc.

Keep in mind that for a two post lift to you be installed, you need thicker concrete than most homes are normally built with. A four post lift can sit on a normal concrete garage floor.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Thanks, we will be pouring a new slab, another good reason to go with the 4 post, seems safer too.

If you're doing a build, I would strongly suggest a 2 post - bigger PITA to load the car - vastly great access to the under side. If you're done building, then a 4 post with a bridge jack, easy for loading, normal maintenance and storage, lousy access to suspension.
      Mike Kelcy - '68 Camaro with some stuff done to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nick View Post
      I had a 4 post Direct lift installed in my home garage recently. I went with an authorized seller & installer. I was considering installing it myself, but after watching 2 experienced guys do it, I'm glad I paid for installation.

Mine is a 110v version, and my only complaint is it's a little slow, about 2 minutes for full lift height. For me, this is primarily for parking and projects on the Cutlass, and oil changes and general maintenance on the daily drivers. Good news is, if I ever run 220v to the garage I can simply swap out the motor & pump and lift time is cut in about half. My garage is a double deep 2 car layout, so I had the ceiling in the back half raised and I insulated and finished it myself.

It's very stable, I was concerned about that since it's an "inexpensive" unit, but I don't see any quality issues with it. I plan on adding a rolling jack bridge and LED uplights as well.

Any questions I'd be glad to help if I can.

Name:  Lift A.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  115.8 KB

Name:  Lift B.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  135.9 KB
      nice lift. Did you put the rear spoiler on your 300? If so, what brand is it?
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkelcy View Post
      If you're doing a build, I would strongly suggest a 2 post - bigger PITA to load the car - vastly great access to the under side. If you're done building, then a 4 post with a bridge jack, easy for loading, normal maintenance and storage, lousy access to suspension.
      The build will be "done" once I get it back, but there will always be things to tinker with. Leaning towards the 4 post.

I have two and four post lifts. My two post gets used daily. The four posts are used for storage and once in a while if I need to check driveline angles etc at ride height. Even doing a simple brake job on a four post lift is a PITA imho....

Two post lifts are for serious car building. Four posts for maintenance and storage. Imho....

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by Alwhite00 View Post
      nice lift. Did you put the rear spoiler on your 300? If so, what brand is it?
      Thank you. It's a factory spoiler for the 300S model.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

I have an Atlas lift, though it looks identical to the direct lift above so probably just a different label on the same equipment. Works great for me. I use it primarily for storage but doing a floorboard installation on it now. I have two sliding jacks and a jack bridge on it which is very convenient.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com