Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Pro-Touring Scene in NC?

I'll be moving to the FT Bragg/Fayetteville area in about six months. What can anybody tell me about the PT scene in NC? I don't really care how far I have to go. Any help is appreciated... tracks, shows, shops, etc...

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Weldon0405 View Post
      I'll be moving to the FT Bragg/Fayetteville area in about six months. What can anybody tell me about the PT scene in NC? I don't really care how far I have to go. Any help is appreciated... tracks, shows, shops, etc...
      You will be close to Charlotte/Mooresville. Plenty happens up that way. Home to DSE, Fat Man and others. I see a post from time to time out of Fayetteville. Must be a few PTer's there. I'm a hundred miles to the east. I've built a few in the PT style. Feel free to look me up.
      Mike Holleman

Don't know much about Fayetteville other than my ex lives near there
      I'm 4 hours west in Asheville. If you're looking for some twisty-turning roads then you need to get here. Deals Gap -Tail of the Dragon is a popular cruise for many clubs. My curves per mile than anywhere in the country I believe

The Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, with 318 curves in 11 miles, is America's number one motorcycle and sports car road. The nearby Cherohala Skyway is quickly becoming number two with its remote 60 miles of scenic mountain highway. The area also has other roads less traveled, but just as exciting.
      Bryan

USAF Retired - Nov 2008
      1967 SS396 Chevelle Pro-tour wanna be

Fayetteville Motorsports Park is nice, Dunn Benson Dragway, Alot of people like fast cars and bikes in that area, I live 30 miles from there

I'm here in Fayetteville. More ricers than anything, but alot of car people in general. I own a bar here in town. pm me and I'll give you the name of it. Stop by and your first cold 1 is on me, and WELCOME(premature) to Fayetteville.

Brian

I live in the Rockingham/Hamlet area, about 45 minutes SW of Ft Bragg. I am building a 69 Camaro and have a 68 Camaro that has some PT stuff. We have Rockingham Dragway and the Rockingham Speedway. You are not far from Maxton which has land speed racing every other month. Not many PTers around my area either, but I have noticed more in NC lately. When you get settled look me up.

Michael
      Michael Tucker
      Project "Trouble" 1969 Camaro DSE subframe, quadrilink, 13" wilwood brakes, Rated X Rushforths, LS2/T56
      1968 Camaro

i am in durham about hour and half away, working on a 72 velle ls1 done p/t all way. you could do VIR over a weekend if you wanted to not to mention road atl can be done on a 3 day weekend in my opinion. brandon

See you around!

Ive been here at Ft.Bragg for a few years. I know of a couple guys here at Fort Bragg that are into it. Theres a 72 cutlass,67 firebird, 71 camaro and currently I have a 1987 Grand National that Im slowly turning into a corner carver. Ill be heading out for a little while before you get here but should be back next year. Check out Rockingham's 1/4 miles, Fayetteville has a track as well. Charlotte has some good shows as well.

Pilot Mountain

Has a great showing of all kinds pt,ps,whatever your liking every 1st weekend of every month its called Hot Nights and Hot Cars, last show gathered 900+ cars and over 4500 people. I go everytime and see new faces and cars. Mooresville has some nice shops and your almost gaurented to see a get together in a parking lot somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holleman View Post
      You will be close to Charlotte/Mooresville. Plenty happens up that way. Home to DSE, Fat Man and others. I see a post from time to time out of Fayetteville. Must be a few PTer's there. I'm a hundred miles to the east. I've built a few in the PT style. Feel free to look me up.
      Mike Holleman

Like Mike said, there is plenty going on in the Charlotte/Mooresville area, DSE, Fat Man, Mike's Custom Cars, Kooks headers, Hot Rod Interiors by Chuck, Stock Car Steel, a Corbeau dealer, CV Products, a monthly cruise in on the first Saturday of every month in Mooresville

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Stock View Post
      Like Mike said, there is plenty going on in the Charlotte/Mooresville area, DSE, Fat Man, Mike's Custom Cars, Kooks headers, Hot Rod Interiors by Chuck, Stock Car Steel, a Corbeau dealer, CV Products, a monthly cruise in on the first Saturday of every month in Mooresville

Dale
      Here is one more thing that you can check out.
      crusincarolinamagazine.com

Dale

Dale, don't forget about the cruise in your town of Concord on the forth Saturday. I was there in July. They had a nice turnout, I heard it was their biggest. Oakboro too.
      Steve Moore

Dale,

I am in Raleigh, attempting my first 1969 Camaro pt build. You may want to checkout Lowes Motor Speeday schedule for show like Food Lion Auto Fair. That shows has lots of vendors( DSE, etc. ), parts and cars. There is one coming up 9/10-9/13 and Goodguys Southeastern Nationals coming up 10/30( more cars than parts). I also checkout the State Fair Ground schedule for smaller shows( only 15 mins from my house). This link may also be helpful http://www.carolinacollectorautofest.com/

Just a FYI, DSE does not do the auto fair in September. They are in Pigeon Forge Tenn. that weekend at the Shades of the Past show as well as the following w/e for RTTHs. They wiil be at Lowes for Goodguys in October.
      Steve Moore

Quote Originally Posted by yellowrallys View Post
      Dale, don't forget about the cruise in your town of Concord on the forth Saturday. I was there in July. They had a nice turnout, I heard it was their biggest. Oakboro too.
      I grew up in Oakboro, my Dad still lives there. Went last month and month before and that 1 stoplight town was packed! I bet there was 3 or 4 thousnad people and over 100 cars.
      Michael Tucker
      Project "Trouble" 1969 Camaro DSE subframe, quadrilink, 13" wilwood brakes, Rated X Rushforths, LS2/T56
      1968 Camaro

I didn't know about deals gap, I will have to take my bike out there sometime.....currently liquidating all my parts that my pro-touring rig was suppose to be built with
      1969 Camaro Sold
      1970 Chevy K20 250 I6 w/3 on the tree
      1985 Peugeot Turbo 4cyl. w/5 speed (in a garage for a while now)
      1991 Camaro Conv. (For sale)
      2003 Saturn L200 5 Speed

I got one from the last 4 decades....not too shabby!

Yes deal's gap has 318 turns in 11 miles, but there are other roads in the area that you'd be better off spending your time on. Because of the dragon's popularity there are a lot of knuckleheads, accidents, and cops.

Welcome to Fatalville. Like was already mentioned lots of ricers in the area. I owna shop here in fayetteville that builds and tunes subaru's and evo's but we work on others aswell lol.

Lots of shows and events in the charlotte area, There were actually quite a few touring cars at the drag strip this past saturday for the grudge racing. We have a few road courses within driving distance we all go race at. and Tail of the dragon which was also mentioned.

Robbie

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com