Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

They offer vented and non-vented, but I really want the kit discussed here that was specifically designed for 67-68 Camaros.

1968 Camaro - World Products 427 SBC, TKO600, 8.5" 10 bolt, Touring Classics brake kit, DSE springs, Gulstrand mod, Koni shocks, AAW classic update harness, Vintage Air

Mark PM with Infor sent - seems like the best solution for the vent issue - out of the filler neck.

Can you PM me the info too.

Quote Originally Posted by 68 SuperRam View Post
      Mark PM with Infor sent - seems like the best solution for the vent issue - out of the filler neck.
      Thanks for the info. It's just what I'm looking for to vent this cap through the bung in the filler neck.
      Mark E.
      '68 RS/SS Camaro, 350 c.i./400 hp, Thumper Cam, Hurst shifter, Muncie M-21, Pypes H-pipe w/violator mufflers, 18" Rushforth Battery Wheels

Can someone please pm me the info on this stock tank venting solution
      1968 Camaro - World Products 427 SBC, TKO600, 8.5" 10 bolt, Touring Classics brake kit, DSE springs, Gulstrand mod, Koni shocks, AAW classic update harness, Vintage Air

Thanks for the PM

So if I understand this correctly, I can order this billet cap and neck (which is non-vented) and then simply use an in-line vent from Mocal (part# ATRL7 in-line version @ $59.50ea) to handle any venting requirements.

At the risk of sounding stupid, just where exactly would I use this vent?

Would I need to install a fitting to the filler neck (which could mean waiting for the version of the neck with a bung), run a line from the filler neck to outside my trunk (via a bulkhead) and then attach this in-line vent to the end of this line?

Billet Cap update

I have 250 units being built right now. The first 25 will be done for Christmas delivery [barring unforseen disaster]. The remaining units will be available in late January. We will also have black anodized units available in January.
      We will have a bung made into the filler neck that can be used for venting so there will be no modification neccessary for either a stock tank or a fuel cell. If you have a stock tank you will need to use this port to run a vent hose and/or a vent valve to prevent building pressure and/or vacumn in your tank. If you have a fuel cell or an aftermarket tank that already has a vent, then simply leave the port plugged. I am looking into vent valves right now but don't have any accurate info to release.

To clarify...if you ORDER by Jan. 1, and let us know you are on the Pro-Touring.com forum, you WILL get the introductory $50 discount from the regular price of $250, even if delivery is in January.

On leakage...I have run this cap on Velocity since May [with considerable G forces applied at various angles] and have had NO leakage at all from the cap or its attaching components. Larry did a nice job putting this together. Thanks Larry!

Bret Voelkel
      President
      Precision Coachworks
      air ride Technologies
      Bret Voelkel
      Director of Innovation Fox Powered Vehicles Group
      Founder/ Former Owner
      RideTech/Air Ride Technologies, Inc.

How do you spell Impossible?

MORE billet cap info

to further clarify...
      Newton Equipment DOES make the guts of the billet gascap for us. Here are the differences:
      1. The OD of the flange is made special for us to directly fit the 67-68 Camaro
      2. We make a filler neck the is model specific to the 67-68 Camaro
      3. We will offer it in a black anodized finish

We have tapped their YEARS of OEM experience in making gascaps and then revised the exterior dimensions and components to fit a specific car.
      Bret Voelkel
      Founder/ Former Owner

Bret, first, thanks for the update. second, can you list the group that will be getting the first batch of 25? lastly, I got an e-mail invoice from you guys and the invoice says $250. I stated on the comments that I'm a Pro-touring member. can you please check on that too? Thanks and keep up the great job.

sorry to make issues on the venting but it is important, what kind of bung is going to be on the filler neck and where will it be located? is it just a nipple or will it be threaded?
      ps newton makes the vent valves also

Soooo......I saw this thread this morning and right away called and placed an order. I have a Rock Valley carb'd tank that I will be installing at the same time as the new filler neck.

When I get the new neck, will it have the bung or not? If so, I have to install a valve and run a hose? This doesn't seem worth the problem to not wait until a vented cap is ready.

I can't wait to get one in black.

If I pay for it early can I still get in on the 200.00 price?

Quote Originally Posted by in2protour View Post
      I got an e-mail invoice from you guys and the invoice says $250. I stated on the comments that I'm a Pro-touring member. can you please check on that too? Thanks and keep up the great job.
      in2protour,

I got the same invoice showing $250 + tax and called AirRide and they said the invoices are electronicaly generated and the price adjustment will happen before the parts are sent out. My credit card has not been charged, so I am guessing the emailed invoice I got in my inbox was just to let me know that my order was accepted.

These gas caps have been a long awaited item! Can't wait!
      Rick
      -----------------------------
      " Better to Be Lucky than Good "

I am sure the 1st Gen Firebird guys are wondering what types of mod we would have to do to make it fit a 67-68 Firebird fuel neck area. Does the Camaro have a round fuel cap hole in the back? I know Firebird's are slighty different. Anyone have any feedback?

I have a rock valley tank and am interested in one in black with the vent.

Hey guys, just joined. Was sent over from Team Camaro regarding the gas filler. I've been waiting for this to happen and I'm so excited it's finally here. It's like Christmas all over again... wait it is almost Christmas!! Anyway, just ordered mine, can't wait.
      Looking forward to talking with everyone in the future.
      68 Camaro in the works... a lot of work!

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by bret View Post
      Good question...I will get you an answer in a couple of days. Thanks!

Any info on this for us fuel cell guys???

After I ordered mine last night, everything looked good as for the order total. The $50 was taken off and it reflected in the total price! Thanks again Bret.

Robert

1. Even if your order notification email indicates a price of $250, when we run the credit card we will hit it for the discounted price of $200 [plus shipping]. Your card will not be charged until it actually ships. I use this procedure in leu of actually outsmarting my shopping cart software to automate the process. We process each website order by hand [gascap and air ride] so we can catch any glaring discrepencies.
      2. The black anodized units can be ordered before Jan. 1 to get the $200 price. I am having 50 units done in black. If you want a black cap, order early to get the discount, to make sure you get one of the 50 caps, and to inspire me to build more black caps!
      3. The vent port will be on top of the filler neck in the 12 o'clock position. It will be a 3/8" female pipe thread so any kind of pipe fitting can be installed. This will accommodate both the oem tank guys and the fuel cell guys. This port position seems to work best both for clearance in the car and for venting performance.
      The vent port will come with an allen head pipe plug for the fuel cell guys who want to use the vent already in their fuel cell. The oem tank guys will remove this plug and install the fitting and vent hose/valve of their choice. For convienience we will likely have a vent kit available as an option, but I do not have specific info yet. I should have this info in a couple of weeks, before the first units ship.
      Thanks for the continuing interest!!

Bret Voelkel
      President
      Precision Coachworks
      air ride Technologies
      Bret Voelkel
      Founder/ Former Owner

Order placed.

I noted black anodized in the additional info field as I didn't see where to specify. OK?

Thanks, Bret
      69 Camaro convertible, 410, M22, 8-pt cage therapy program. SOLD.
      68 camaro - SOLD
      67 Bel Air - New street project with perfect floors, frame and trunk!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com