Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      dlrepmn Guest

Great deal on Wheels

These are 17" wheels and Michelin Pilot Sports that someone is taking off their car and putting 20" wheels on instead.

I considered these, but not the look I want. For $1700.00 how could you go wrong though.

Attached Images Attached Images      

dlrepmn Guest

Ok, I am a pretty happy boy! New pictures!

Wow,

http://hotrodfactory.net/groups/list_images.php?aid=58

Pretty happy boy!

The coilovers are obviously missing, but have arrived. They are putting together the rear end. I just dropped off my newly re-chromed front bumper yesterday morning.

I switched from the BFG KDW2's to the Falken Azenis RT-615. The BFG's in the 315-30-18 was only available in a drag radial. Even though I prefer the look of the BFG, they weren't treaded all the way across. The Falkens are. Better wet traction. Safer. They look pretty killer. They look pretty big. I am getting very giddy!

We are waiting on the flywheel or the Tremec would be in too. The Tru-Track has been ordered and the tires are on the way.

That motor was not in the clip yesterday morning.

Have a great Thanksgiving! I know I will.

Scott in Minnesota

dlrepmn Guest

trying to figure out photobucket

dlrepmn Guest

Ok, photobucket didn't work

I am trying to figure out photobucket
      Attached Images Attached Images            

Cool, another PT 'bird in MN. Looks great so far! I live out in Rockford and will be at most of the local events with mine next year. Just had to pull the motor to repair some leaks...so I feel your pain with the old Poncho. Good luck with the rest of it! I still have the interior to do, and final cut/polish on my paint, etc. Details, details....

1969 Firebird, Black, Parchment Arizen interior, Poncho 383 (4" crank), Kauffman heads, TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Wilwoods, DSE, Speed Tech, Koni, Hotchkis, GW, 18" TTI's, VA Gen IV, etc.

dlrepmn Guest

Thanks Josh!

Thanks Josh,

It was pain I assure you.

The motor is in the subframe and we were waiting on the flywheel which had to be externally balanced before mounting the Tremec TKO600 which has arrived. The little radiator supports, cross braces, hood catch, little parts are all back from the powdercoater. The clutch is installed. I had to run the old clutch fork out to them yesterday and got a good look for myself. The clutch fork will be the only remaining part of the drivetrain. Radiator is at the shop. The vintage air unit needs to be installed under the dash. The air condenser line bulkhead has to be installed.

Rich has welded up the new Goodmark inner fenders so the opening is going to be closer without the giant gap next to the tubular control arm uppers. The arms for the Quadra-Link were hanging from hooks drying with fresh paint.

After waiting all week for the flywheel to come from Mississippi, he ended up finding one in town (Minneapolis). The sub-frame, motor, and rear goes in Monday. I will post new pics once I get them. Tires are on the way, wheels are ordered and 4 weeks out. 12 inch wide is custom made and needs 4 hoops for 2 wheels. $650.00 per wheel extra.

After these assemblies go in we need to plumb brake lines, fuel lines, new fuel tank, then we get her running. Well, with an open headers anyway. Can't wait to hear it. I will be there for the start.

The deck lid is re-installed, the rear bumper (newly rechromed although someone else's) are now installed. Rich painted the trunk, looks much better than before. A couple pin holes, but I will cover it anyway.

I have to call the local auto recycler (used to be junkyard guy) to find some 2002 Camaro/Trans Am seats to redo with new black leather with dark graphite gray inserts. Removing the head rests. We need to recut the old back seat frame to fit around the mini-tubs and match the leather on the front seats. Other than that the new black deluxe interior is going in with power windows/locks. I have to find a way to replace my burl wood console top since it shows water damage from when the windshield leaked when I got the car in 1985. Oh, and stereo, another couple grand, probably more. I get carried away obviously.

Decided to start with a new wiring harness since my marker lights weren't working before. Another grand. Replacing the gauge cluster with Classic Instruments, Another grand. And so-on. Grand, grand, grand. The big parts are mostly done though.

http://www.classicinstruments.com/in...mentID=camaro1

I think the black with white needles is enough of a change. The red needle gauges look almost identical to stock.

I half entertained the idea "we may as well paint it now". Then I came to my senses. We will paint it again next year or year after. Ordered new chrome wheel lip moldings and trying to find out if I can change to the rectangular mirrors and add one to the passenger side. I can live with the couple burnout chips on the quarters, there will be more I assure you.

Have a great day!

Scott in Minnesota

The mirrors are an easy add, I did the same. Just need to drill a couple of small holes for the two screws to hold down the bracket that the mirror attaches to. I think the round vs rectangular mirror uses the same mounting method as well. Assuming you are talking about the chrome ones...the plastic housing style may require different mounts.

I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Mine is built to run as well...I've already got bugs still splattered on the nose and it bothers me none. Brake dust and rubber bits will be standard show fare in my book. I didn't build it to watch it rot...it's going to be my daily driver as much as feasible.

1969 Firebird, Black, Parchment Arizen interior, Poncho 383 (4" crank), Kauffman heads, TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Wilwoods, DSE, Speed Tech, Koni, Hotchkis, GW, 18" TTI's, VA Gen IV, etc.

dlrepmn Guest

More progress pictures

Happy New Year!

I have new pictures for "After the Fire"

http://hotrodfactory.net/groups/list_images.php?aid=58

Sorry to have only the link. I will have to take some pictures myself after the New Year. This is so much easier though. I still haven't figured out photobucket even though I have read that sticky 3 times.

The cover goes on the rear end today. Motor/trans/sub installed. Sub-frame connectors are in. Radiator core support and braces, in. Inner fenders are in (they look killer). The coilovers should be on their way. The wheels are 2 weeks away. The tires should have been there by now. The Tru-Trax is getting installed this week. The aluminum radiator/dual fans next. The fuel lines and brake lines are going next. A fuel tank then the Flowmaster exhaust once the wheels are mounted up and we can see where everything looks good. Those wheels aren't mine, but off the wicked corvette nearby. Thanks for the use of the wheels Tony (whoever you are) for mock-up!

And I bought a set of 2000 Firebird seats that I am removing the headrests and installing new Katzkin leather covers in black with dark graphite inserts. There will be dark graphite double stitching too for an accent color. The '68 rear seat is going to be made to fit around the mini-tubs and then another Katzkin cover to match the fronts. They look period correct, but will be much more comfortable than my '68 seats. The rest will be stock deluxe black with power windows. No more parchment.

I am tired of trying to get grease off the white interior anyway. Change is good right? Oh, not having used bleach white as a kid to clean it would have helped too. Live and learn!

Now I have picked the Alpine/JL Audio/Morel speakers. Thank god my brother is an audio geek and will figure this out for me.

Happy New Year!

dlrepmn Guest

Correction

Oh, by the way.

The coilovers never arrived like I thought I was told. Something about they are readily accessible in town. We'll be monitoring that one to see when they actually do arrive.

I do have to admit the quality of the work is top notch and I haven't been told anything that would get me worried up to this point. So far, so good.

Awww come on man photobucket is so easy lol.

First resize the pics so that they aren't too big.

log into photobucket and in the center of the page is a blue "choose files" button. Click it, find the pics you want. Hold "cntrl" to select multiple pics.

Once the pics are in photobucket you place your cursor over the pic you want. A box drops down with 4 blocks. Click on the bottom block "IMG code". Just clicking will copy the link and it will say "Copied"

Now back here just paste (cntrl V, or right click) the link into the text. You have to hit enter between pics so that they are in a column rather than a long A$$ row that makes the thread too wide.
      Traven

Country Flag: United States
      Love your project man.
      Keep the updates coming.
      MarkK

dlrepmn Guest

New Year's Eve Pictures

I had a good excuse to back to the shop. My neighbor's 70 chevelle. He dropped the motor (71 corvette 454) on the frame after he painted it, installed the Just Suspensions complete kit and it has no play in it whatsoever even with three big guys sitting on it. Also the Hedman headers are about 1/16" away from the tubular upper control arm.

Rich said they have never found a set of Hedman header's that would fit in a chevelle and to replace them with Hookers and they will drop right in. Of course Summit never mentioned that little tidbit.

My Hedman headers fit just right in the Bird.

The suspension won't have any play in it until the body, doors, hood, glass and all goes on. Especially with stock height springs. Steve's wife won't let him play with coil springs again and we will drag the car to the shop and redo if it doesn't drop when we get everything on. He got lot's of new ideas and this trip just cost Steve (1) new vintage air kit and bulkhead and lots of time to smooth his firewall.

This is how it starts you know? Slippery slope.

Anybody need a set of headers that won't fit? Nice ceramic coated and only installed once.

Try, try, again.

Oh, well here is another photobucket effort with pictures of my car.

Yes, I am changing the wheel lip moldings that are pretty beat. Good thing I changed the wheel tubs. That isn't a great sound when you hit a bump and your tires hit the well. I did change the shocks, but never got around to the springs. $500 Year One/Eaton springs and shackle kit brand new sitting on my shelf. Oh well. Quadra-Link is better right?

These are also not my wheels and tires, but off the chevelle nearby. They are 345-17 not the 315-18 I have coming. I did confirm that the Intro's were ordered correctly as "fully polished". The front Falkens are at the tire distributor, but not the rears due to the size. Still waiting. 315-30-18's. Man the 345's look huge on my car! Too big almost. If there ever was such a thing.

Thanks other guy I don't know! I wonder if these guys know they were so helpful with the borrowing the wheels deal? He was trying to sell me the wheels so he did know we might try them on for size.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/im...s/thinkerg.gif

I am a Photobucket god now! Thanks for the tips!

Hi Scott, nice project. If you have the old wheel lip mouldings and if they have been removed without too much bending I would like to talk with you about buying them. I want to test fit them on my 67 bird to verify fit of new ones and to verify wheel lip contour of quarters and fenders.

dlrepmn Guest

Wheel Lip Moldings

Done Tom,

With one exception. You are taking them for your project free. You pay the freight. No charge for the moldings. I couldn't charge you for them. I am taking them off since they are not in the best shape. They are not horrible, I just want perfect ones. If you have the time and a buffing wheel, you could live with these.

PM me your address and I will send them to you when I get the new ones.

Sweet Firechicken! Keep us posted!
      1968 Camaro widebody project
      2004 Mustang LS2
      1964 Continental
      2014 Keezer

dlrepmn Guest

Flash68

Ok Flash,

Just so you know your cars are frick'n incredible. I'm not worthy!

Pretty cool!

God there are such sweet rides on this site. This is going to cost more to keep up with these Jones's.

Thanks!

dlrepmn Guest

Anybody know who's wheel and horn button these are?

This is the wheel and horn button from Lady Bird.

I want the exact ones. Tech support at Grant does agree it looks like their 1020 wheel, but it is not their horn button. Anybody have any ideas? I can't find it anywhere.

Year One tech support doesn't know. The car was done at Ghostworks and they are pretty busy with other projects or they don't want to share the build sheet for some reason. I would buy it from them since they are a Grant dealer

Thanks!

The center cap could be from a 68 deluxe wheel, I have a faded one. I dont see why one couldnt be turned down to the correct size.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Firebird View Post
      Scott don't let it bother you. I am a die hard Pontiac guy and I say use what you have and enjoy it. Its not like you came to a pure Pontiac site and started tring to pick a fight. This is a PT site. I get tired of guys ripping on others that don't do what they think is right or cool with there owns cars. I also get allitle tired of hearing how Pontiac engine are not worth rebuilding ect.. I say to each his own and you can park next to my Firebird any time with you hood up.
      Hey Scott, great story! I've gotten a bunch of crap on the buick sites about running the sbc in my skylark but is was so much more economical for me to do so vs. building up the buick 350. Plus, it's not like mine is anything special either, just a regular Skylark. Although I must say the Sprint is a pretty rare setup, just hang on to it as you seem to be doing. You and this car have quite the history so do with it as you like and continue to enjoy it!
      Ed Cooney
      '96 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, LT1/4L60, full bolt-ons & Solomon's tune, 18" Ridler wheels, lowered with Belltech springs

‘70 Buick Skylark Convertible project w/ GN drivetrain

'91 Formula, pending track day build

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Sweet project Scott!! Don't sweat about the sbc. If I had to do it all over again it would be a tuff choise; going Poncho or LS. Your idea about an Hemi mill would rock too!!
      Keep it comin'

Cliff
      1968 Firebird
      Project Cheyenne Pro Performance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com