Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      It's kinda close to a 71 Camaro that got a lot of coverage years back named F-71 Hotchkis built the car while developing the second gen packages that later became known as the TVS. http://www.hotchkis.net/p-16-f71-chevy-camaro.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by NOT A TA View Post
      It's kinda close to a 71 Camaro that got a lot of coverage years back named F-71 Hotchkis built the car while developing the second gen packages that later became known as the TVS. http://www.hotchkis.net/p-16-f71-chevy-camaro.aspx

I know and I thought of it... that and SR-71 was already taken also! LOL Not trying to copy anyone else... just tried to come up with something that tied into my military service/patriotism and the direction the car has taken on with all the generous donations and contributions from everyone...

This thing has really taken on a life of it's own and was deserving of a new project name imho. Thanks again to everyone who's had a part in taking this project to the next level... it has become more than I ever dreamed it could be.

V/R,
      Ty
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Hey Ty,
      Looks to be a really cool build they have going for ya. Can't wait for the finished pics. Just finishing up my 20 in the Air Force as a weather forecaster. I retire next week.
      There is a better chance of me buying my parts form the contributing vendors, providing they sell 67 Chevelle stuff :-)

Congrats again
      Bryan

USAF Retired - Nov 2008
      1967 SS396 Chevelle Pro-tour wanna be

Congrats!!!

Congratulations on your retirement Bryan!!!!!!!

I'm not ready to cross that bridge yet but I know that day isn't too far away as I can't stay in forever! LOL

Many of the vendors offer military discounts... just call them and tell them what you need and they'll take care of you!

God's speed and best wishes to you and yours as you close this chapter in your life's journey!

Your fellow Wingman,
      Ty
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

I say just make it Freedom Bird nothing else. You can put CF-71 somewhere else on the car maybe. Cf-71 Freedom Bird sounds good but is too long. No one will call it buy its full name anyway. they'll either say Freedom Bird or CF-71. Just my opinion though. It's your car and it'll be a great no matter what it's called. I doubt I'll name mine just because I am no good at names
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

yeah I know I'm slacking on pics!!!

I've had to pay some bills so been working on another car for the last two weeks off and on. Why we have been blocking and getting all the pieces ready to go out to Anvil to repop on Carbon. I'll have some pics up this week showing the almost complete bodywork on the shell and the other stuff we've done!! We've been plugging away at it, just not really anything huge to show right now.

Guys look for lots of big news about some new sponsors in the next few days!! PHR coverage is now a for sure a go!! With some nice web exclusive stuff on the build up along with a follow up when completed for print!!

As far as big news, just a couple of words "big Pontiac HP"!!!

Sweet, it will end up with one of those alum. motors like in Empty Nest? Please say yes! That thing was WickeD BaD! I am so glad this project is getting out of hand, Ty seams very deserving; Too say the least!
      Kevin

Poncho Power!

Quote Originally Posted by BMF Machine View Post
      Sweet, it will end up with one of those alum. motors like in Empty Nest? Please say yes! That thing was WickeD BaD! I am so glad this project is getting out of hand, Ty seams very deserving; Too say the least!
      There's some stuff in the works but nothing in concrete yet... we'll keep you all posted once we know exactly what it's gonna be!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird

Its my pleasure to welcome another great company to the project.

Pro-Touring F-Body http://www.pro-touringf-body.com/index.html
      Dave has donated a set of there awesome G-braces for the car

Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post
      Its my pleasure to welcome another great company to the project.

Pro-Touring F-Body http://www.pro-touringf-body.com/index.html
      Dave has donated a set of there awesome G-braces for the car

Thanks so much
      I can't thank Dave at Pro-touring F-body enough for his generous donation to this project!

His G-braces will not only improve the suspension by virtually eliminating flexing of the subframe but they'll also add a street fighter edge to the car!!

Thanks again Dave!!!!!

http://www.pro-touringf-body.com/cha...omponents.html

V/R,
      Ty
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird

Hey Ty,

Congrats on SEMA!

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndgenracer View Post
      Hey Ty,

Congrats on SEMA!

Brett
      Thanks Brett! This whole deal just blows me away!

I never once imagined the car would ever get built to this level and never dreamed it could or would ever go to SEMA!!

I'm very blessed and thankful to all involved and supporting the build!

V/R,
      Ty
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird

Its my pleasure and honor to welcome another great company to Project "CF-71 Freedom Bird". The amount of support continues and these great companies are going way beyond any of our expectations!!

Welcome Phoenix Transmission http://www.phoenixtrans.com/

They have donated the following parts
      -special built version of there PT700R4ST 700R4 tranny
      -Torque Max 2500 Stall convertor
      -Ponitac adaptor plate
      -TV cable system
      -Dipstick and tube
      -Tranny x-member

thanks again to all the vendors and people that are helping to make Ty's dream come true!!

Chad
      Fletcher's Customs and Speed

wow! this has gotten so much bigger than I ever thought it would. Congrats man.

Now hows about some photos of this stuff showing up at the shop??? :P
      Tony Langlois
      1966 Corvair Monza

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
      wow! this has gotten so much bigger than I ever thought it would. Congrats man.

Now hows about some photos of this stuff showing up at the shop??? :P

Thanks Tony!! I know! Me too!!!

I just can't thank the vendors and all envolved enough!!!!!! This thing is going to be amazing when finished!

Pictures... well, we could ask Chad's 4-year old about those... seems she accidently threw the camera and Chad can't get the photos he was planning on posting off the camera... but a new camera is on the way as are photo updates!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird

great news, but still no picture update!!!

yes please picture updates would love to see the progress

Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post
      Its my pleasure and honor to welcome another great company to Project "CF-71 Freedom Bird". The amount of support continues and these great companies are going way beyond any of our expectations!!

Welcome Phoenix Transmission http://www.phoenixtrans.com/

They have donated the following parts
      -special built version of there PT700R4ST 700R4 tranny
      -Torque Max 2500 Stall convertor
      -Ponitac adaptor plate
      -TV cable system
      -Dipstick and tube
      -Tranny x-member

thanks again to all the vendors and people that are helping to make Ty's dream come true!!

Chad
      Fletcher's Customs and Speed
      Wow!!! What can I say... Greg Ducato and Phoenix Transmission Products simply just blew me away today with their incredibly generous offer!!!!

A 700R4 transmission, torque converter, adapter plate, TV cable system, dipstick and tube and crossmember!

The transmission will be a special version of their PT700R4ST to handle the extra power and torque of the "new Pontiac powered combo" , and the converter will be their Torque-Max 2500 stall model.

We'll be Pro-Touring for sure now with this new 4-speed automatic overdrive transmission!

Talk about a Merry Christmas!!! Thanks again Greg!!!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird

Any idea on when it might be close to finished? projected date? Or is the SEMA a idea of when.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com