Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
      Hey Ty,

I'm glad to see everyone stepping up to help out with your project. If I come across anything I'll definitely send it your way. I do have the rear shackles off of Splitter let me know the shop address and I'll send them over.

Later,
      Brett

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndgenracer
      Hey Ty,

I'm glad to see everyone stepping up to help out with your project. If I come across anything I'll definitely send it your way. I do have the rear shackles off of Splitter let me know the shop address and I'll send them over.

Later,
      Brett
      thanks, those are something I am having a hard time running down.

Chad Fletcher
      C/o Fletcher's Customs
      21971 US highway 319 North
      Coolidge, GA 31738

Wow the outpour of generosity is amazing!! I want to personally thank the following companies for there contributions, and for helping me to make Ty's dream car a reality

-Inland Empire Driveline http://www.iedls.com/
      They have offered to donate a complete driveshaft for the Project

-Billet Accessories Direct http://www.billetaccessoriesdirect.com
      They have donated a "Smooth" series billet steering wheel

thanks so much to everyone is willing to be apart of this project. Its just one little way we can give back to the men and women who have protected our freedom without asking us for anything

Few more pics!

Spent last night cleaning the shop, so not to much to show. But the shop was nasty and needed a good cleaning. Also had a couple of teenagers stop by that have a love for cars, and I try to mentor and teach them all I can. Well I learned last night not to give them a couple cans of spray paint, lol

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker
      Wow the outpour of generosity is amazing!! I want to personally thank the following companies for there contributions, and for helping me to make Ty's dream car a reality

-Inland Empire Driveline http://www.iedls.com/
      They have offered to donate a complete driveshaft for the Project

-Billet Accessories Direct http://www.billetaccessoriesdirect.com
      They have donated a "Smooth" series billet steering wheel

thanks so much to everyone is willing to be apart of this project. Its just one little way we can give back to the men and women who have protected our freedom without asking us for anything
      The generosity of the vendors and the great folks of this community simply blows me away!!! I'm extremely grateful to you all!

V/R,
      Ty
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

I know it's not much, but I'd like to donate a couple of T-shirts with Ben's rendering on it.

Here's a sample of how they'll look.

I like t-shrts!!!

Me too! And I love Ben's work!! Thanks a bunch!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Hey Ty they'll have your 71 Formula Rendering that Ben did on the shirts, not the Camaro.

WOW!!!! A T-shirt with my car on it! How cool is that?!!!!! Thank you Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_SS
      I know it's not much, but I'd like to donate a couple of T-shirts with Ben's rendering on it.

Here's a sample of how they'll look.

Now THAT is an awesome idea!!! Very cool Tony!
      '70 Camaro
      '75 Camaro
      '66 Chevelle 'vert

Jason

Since everyone likes T-shirts, you could make some and sell them here and the proceeds can go to Ty's car. Just a thought. People could then say they help build the car that they are wearing ha-ha.

this should be a real nice build

Quote Originally Posted by slck6t9
      Since everyone likes T-shirts, you could make some and sell them here and the proceeds can go to Ty's car. Just a thought. People could then say they help build the car that they are wearing ha-ha.
      Thats a awesome Idea!!

Wow what a awesome weekend, really got a lot of stuff accomplished even though the pics don't show much. Spent Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday doing rust repair!! Woohoo we all know how much fun that can be!! After this weekend we are 42 hours into the car, spent 9.5 hrs yesterday on the tail panel alone!! Car is really in a better place. Cut about 2 sq feet of rusted panels out and replaced with new metal. had some major issues in the tail panel, little small 1/2" area in the rocker and some other pitting issues here and there. I forgot how much fun its is to tack weld for 4 hours!!! lol But everything is good to go now. After we welded everything in and smoothed with grinder. We then covered with a skim coat of Fiberstrand filler. I've shaved hundreds of doors in my life and always had the best results with a nice skim coat of glass reinforced filler down first. Anyways onto the pics!!

Shot showing the skim coat of glass filler put on the shaved markers, quarter seam,etc

Cutting out the rust, this is one of my helpers Micheal, couldn't do it without him

After we got it all cut out, we got two good places for exhaust outlets and a perfect spot for teh trailer hitch to come through

New metal welded in !!

Little Grinding

Little Filler

And the Support keeps coming!! This place and its vendors never cease to amaze me!!

I'd like to welcome Autorad Radiators http://www.autoradradiators.com/ to the project! They have agreed to donate a custom built Aluminum radiator specifically for this project. thanks for your help!!

71 Fbird sway bar question

I am looking to replace my stock sway bars. I am hesitant to buy Hotchkiss, ADDCo, or Helwig. I don't like the kits because of the drilling. Which is the better to use or are there any other options?

Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker

I'd like to welcome Autorad Radiators http://www.autoradradiators.com/ to the project! They have agreed to donate a custom built Aluminum radiator specifically for this project. thanks for your help!!
      Thank you Jim and Karen for your generous contribution to the project!!! :patriot:
      Look forward to hearing from you when you return from SEMA!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird

Pappy

Quote Originally Posted by pappy
      I am looking to replace my stock sway bars. I am hesitant to buy Hotchkiss, ADDCo, or Helwig. I don't like the kits because of the drilling. Which is the better to use or are there any other options?
      Pappy,

Your question concerning sway bars immediately made me ask "what is his intended use of the car?" Is it a restomod and you simply want to replace the stock or missing sway bars? Do you want to upgrade the front and rear to WS6 specs or add a rear bar where there wasn't one originally?

What else have you done or are you looking to do with the rest of the suspension if improved performance is the goal?

Suspension answers could range from better shocks and sway bars as you intially asked about, to replacing your frame with a full frame and complete suspension package, brakes and wheel/tire combos depending on your budget.

If you could be a little more specific about the usage the car... will it see track time (autocross, dragstrip,road course, top speed etc) and what kind of street driving (# of passengers, payload,types of roads etc) and a ballpark budget you'll probably get a bunch of very good suggestions from the great folks here!

I'd also recommend you do a search as there is a ton of useful information here! And you could also call many of the various suspension sponsor here on the site to ask for their recommendations.

We'll try to help as much as we can with your questions... just need a little more info to help you get to YOUR intended end result... as your intended use of your car may not be the same as others.

HTH

V/R,
      Ty
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com