Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Pro-Touring Nova in the Detroit Area

Hello. I've been lurking for a few days and thought I'd register. I have a 1971 Nova SS Clone that I've been working on for a couple years now. I currently reside in Chesterfield Twp, MI. (NE Suburb of Detroit). I'm employed at GM as a Design Quality Engineer. Anyone else on the list in the Detoit area?

Steve

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the site, Steve. We have a bunch of guys located in Detroit, and I believe a few of them work for GM.

Welcome aboard,Steve. I think there are a few members from your area.
      Heck,the protouring mecca is close by,DS&E.

Welcome Steve. Chris over at GM design.Ortonville area. Youll hear from TRAPIN soon he is from your town also.
      Chris
      1971 RS Z28 Pro-touring thing......will it ever be done??

Welcom aboard, I'm new here too. I'm just across the river in Canada.

Uh-oh, watch out for this 'Steve' guy! He's on another list I frequent and he's bad news!

Just joking, welcome to the world of PT Steve. It's good to have another Nova on the board. I think Shawn lurks around here a bit as well.

Dan

Steve,

Ortonville, I believe that is on the other side of the earth. Ha-Ha. Inside Metro Detroit joke! We all live in the suburbs of Detroit, you can spend two hours getting from one side to the other. I lived in Oakland Twp. for 11 years. I'm now in Novi, MI.

Good to see another Nova. I live in Ortonville, and have a 72 nova.

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by c.schulz
      Welcome Steve. Chris over at GM design.Ortonville area. Youll hear from TRAPIN soon he is from your town also.
      Chris
      You work in the Design Center? Which Studio. I'm in the Premium Mid/Lux studios probably twice a week.

Steve
      Steve

Quote Originally Posted by USAZR1
      Welcome aboard,Steve. I think there are a few members from your area.
      Heck,the protouring mecca is close by,DS&E.
      Yea, I know Kyle & Stacy. Kyle and I had a falling out here awhile back when Trepainer's dad (Jack) asked me to help him get in touch with Mark Ruess here at GM. Now he relocated out of state so I really don't see him anymore. That's all in the past though, no big deal.

Steve
      Steve

Steve....whereabouts in Chesterfield Township are you? I'm at 23 mile and Donner next to the Stonehenge subdivision. Great to have another member on board from the home of Lionel Trains.

I also work for GM, I'm at Engineering Center (across from Design). My group is Surface Product Engineering. I am in the studios quite a bit and am sometimes located there for short periods of time. Used to work for Portfolio Development Center (now known as Advanced Vehicle Development Center). I'm in Ruess's organization.

My cousin has a nice '72 nova (restomod) that I've been trying to get him to convert over to Pro-Touring for some time. He won't bite though...too 'old school'. You can see it on my website under 'Other Pro-Touring Cars'.

Welcome aboard!
      1968 Pro-Touring Camaro LS1

Project: Next Year
      - Start date; June '01
      - Completion; Sometime next year or the year after.....

I'm at 24 Mile and Gratiot, In the Muirfield Manor subdivision.

So you're part of SPE huh? Small world. I was working pretty closely with Todd Dawson on the 222 Exterior on my last program.

You hang out in Mt' Clemens during the summer? I'm usually there every Wednesday night, in the BWW parking lot.
      Steve

Todd Dawson sits about 4 cubicles down the row from me. I am currently on the GMT911/912 program. By BWW I'm assuming your talking about Buffalo Wild Wings? I haven't been down to Mount Clemens for anything car related since the Hot Rod Power Tour stopped coming here. I'll have to let my cousin know about that. I've been living vicariously through his car until mine is done. I know...it's pretty sad.

I have a group mailing list for all the members who live in Michigan (there's about 20 of us). Michigan is represented well on this site. Last year we tried to do a 'meet' at the Baker's Show in Milford but it fell through at the last minute. I am going to try and organize one again for this June. It's been a year so there may be even more people who have registered from Michigan since then. Drop me an e-mail and I'll add you to the list. My address is on the first page of my website.
      1968 Pro-Touring Camaro LS1

Project: Next Year
      - Start date; June '01
      - Completion; Sometime next year or the year after.....

Quote Originally Posted by shessel
      You work in the Design Center? Which Studio. I'm in the Premium Mid/Lux studios probably twice a week.

Steve

Hey Steve, Im in the mid size truck studio.Stop by sometime.(Old Hummer studio)
      Chris
      1971 RS Z28 Pro-touring thing......will it ever be done??

Check'in In

Metro Area? -check!
      Nova? -check!
      Work at GM? -moans (lemme know when they start to hire no talent ass clowns ok?)

BTW, check out this thread for a chance to meet Steve in March:

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4858

--JMarsa

Welcome steve !
      nice to see another pro-touring 3rd gen Nova in the mix !
      In process!
      1972 C10
      Roadster Shop Fast Track chassis
      LS376/525

Welcome Steve,

I live in Troy but my son's live right by Salt River Bowling alley. Looks like we need to develop Nova group with all the Nova's that we have now. At least you guys have color on your car's, well I have color but it's the wrong color right (black primer)

Hey Chuck (TRILOGYZ28) check out your web site. I signed your guest book and asked about some parts that you have.

Jammer
      "Gearjammer"
      Romans 3:23
      http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...jammerexpress/
      www.cruisersforchrist.net in construction right now
      www.X072nova.com in construction right now

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com