Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 04 chevelle

04 chevelle

Hey has anyone seen the chevelle or i think they call it hss. I heard they were gona take a new gto and turn it into a chevelle. I saw a few pics but couldn't get a pic of the whole car. What i saw looked ok, but after seeing the new gto i still question how good it could look.

Country Flag: United States

don de

try browsing through the SEMA pictures I think a couple guys caught it. I think Steve built it??
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Country Flag: Canada
      04 Chevelle

Maybe its just me but how could they even call in an 04 Chevelle?

-Matt
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

http://www.lateral-g.org/hrss454/

Heres a link to pics of the car and build up. It is called HRSS454. No reference is made to Chevelle as I am sure Chevy would not like that either. I saw the car at Sema I love it. Very sweet lines. Bit pricey for my budget but very cool.

John

Just one man's opinion, but I must be missing something, that ride is not attractive at all! The lines may be nice, but there is a lot going on with that one!
      Later - Craig

[email protected]

'70 Chevelle (in storage now, probably will never be back on its wheels again!)

I agree with badvelle. I thought seeing it in person would change my mind....but no. It's absolutely hideous from the front. The headlight bezels looked like an afterthough, maybe they tried to hard for the retro look. For some reason the wheels don't look right either, they seem small for the car The rear view is very nice however. Good thing it packing some serious horsepower.
      The Inciner8tor parked beside it at SEMA made up for it though!
      Noel Johnson

Project: Shock and Awe

You can't stop here, this is bat country!

agreed that many angles of the car look like last minute comprimises. so, i photo shopped what i believe the car needs. deeper wheels, different rocker skirts and a resign of the fender/headlight bezel area.

i think it looks a little better.
      Tony Langlois
      1966 Corvair Monza

I dont care what anyone says i like it, good goin steve!!!!
      :3gears: 68 Rally Sport Camaro 350/4spd(t56ingarage)/8.5 10bolt 2.56 open,Hotchkis springs, kyb shocks, 17" Rallys 235/245-45-17

1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am 3.8 Buick LC2 V-6 w/51k, Ported heads w/oversized one piece valves, te-44 turbo,PTS built 200R4 w/2800stall, Lucas green top 009 42.5# injectors, AFPR, Adjustable wastegate, ATR 3inch exhaust, Terry houston 3inch mandrel bent downpipe, stock intercooler w/duttwieler neck, Eibach Springs, Bilstien shocks, Spohn adjustable panhard bar...

looks like it's crying....

I think it looks like it has a sad look on it's face!!! Saying "why didn't they make me look better?"..SNIFF! SNIFF!

I don't need to get my little soap box out, but I saw pics of it from every angle and then I saw it at SEMA and was even less impressed with it. No matter how you look at it, everything about it looks like an after thought...round body shape with a bunch of hard edged pieces tacked onto it...the front is almost the worst part about it until you see the gigantic slab sided rear end to this thing - YIKES! It's only my opinion but I've taken enough automotive design courses, buried my head in enough Car Styling mags, and have seen enough beautifuly designed vehicles to know that when I look at the lines of that Chevelle-wannabe, it's just not good design. Especially when you see the price tag on one of these things, holy crap - for the same or less money I'd rather have a Viper GTS or a REAL Chevelle big block car.

Just my 2 cents.

John

Hats off to Steve, another fine ride!
      Bill
      68rs mini-tubbed,subframe connectors, 335's on Fontanas

This is, by far, the most misunderstood project in the current world of hot rodding.

The builders deserve major credit for taking on the project. They built the car in such a way that the design can be refined and then duplicated in a limited production run.

First, the HRSS454 looks way better in person than it does in photos. Second, the builders--Imagine Motorsports--are conscious of the design's weaknesses. They've already made a concerted effort to improve various elements of the original prototype. Based on my conversations with them at SEMA, I believe the design will continue to evolve.

So if we present our opinions in the form of constructive criticism--as I have done in person with Jimi and the boys--Imagine Motorsports may deliver the modern musclecar that all of us long for. They HAVE the technology.

I'm with Steve on this one. The car never did anything for me all the way from the lame concept (Photochopped GTO back in CHP and drawing in Hot Rod) all the way to completion. I wasn't impressed by the design or the execution. I had a chance to see it in person and I must say that it's a whole different car when you see it in person. It's a lot tougher looking and more imposing than in the pictures.

I spoke with Jimi and the guys from Imagine for a while and again, as Steve said, they are very aware of the issues the car has and plan to do something about it. The side skirts need to have a complete redesign and the front could still use a lot of work too. The wheel wells, at least the rear ones, need to be opened up a lot to get rid of the vertically massive rear quarters.

I don't think it's too late to make it a great looking car.

Kris
      Custom Car Design, Hot Rod Art, and more...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL
      agreed that many angles of the car look like last minute comprimises. so, i photo shopped what i believe the car needs. deeper wheels, different rocker skirts and a resign of the fender/headlight bezel area.

i think it looks a little better.
      it could use some more fine tuning, but that is a HUGE improvement.

they should hire you for design consulting

That car is too screwed up, so I started over with a blank sheet.

Now that's a car you can work with! Nice drawing Derek.

[sigh] - They tried... It could have been worse but I think a lot more time should have gone into engineering. With the heat on, they didn't have time to though:(
      Ben C. - Sometimes Complete > Perfection - I just want to drive my car...
      1969 Nova 408/T56 | 2003 XJ8 Sport LS2/T56

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com