Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

'63 Chevy II Saying Hello

Hey guys,

I wanted to join this site to learn more about Pro-Touring after seeing several cars around Pigeon Forge a few weeks ago. I have a 1963 Chevy II with the original front clip hosting a 427 Big Block. I have a lot to learn about suspension options and choices before I make any significant changes. I want to hook well when going straight but dive in and out of corners too. With that big engine and weight you know that will be a challenge.

Thanks
      Novadoff
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Welcome . Any pics of your front clip? I know there isn't much room for headers with a SBC in there, a big block has to be a real bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Novadoff
      Hey guys,

I wanted to join this site to learn more about Pro-Touring after seeing several cars around Pigeon Forge a few weeks ago. I have a 1963 Chevy II with the original front clip hosting a 427 Big Block. I have a lot to learn about suspension options and choices before I make any significant changes. I want to hook well when going straight but dive in and out of corners too. With that big engine and weight you know that will be a challenge.

Thanks
      Novadoff
      Welcome !!! Glad to see another first generation Nova here.This is the place to be for un-answered questions.I also have a 1963 Nova SS titled Novacayne in this forum,let me know if I can help you at all.

Welcome, you'll see some nice Novas here. I just brought mine home yesterday after a long hibernation.
      Jose (Joe)
      1963 Nova SS Convertible
      1978 Malibu LT1/4L60E
      1978 Malibu Stock
      1983 Malibu Estate Woodie Wagon
      2007 Harley Dyna SB

Quote Originally Posted by Novadoff
      Hey guys,

Thanks
      Novadoff
      If you're just going to be cruising and occasionally canyon carving then a CPP front kit and Church Boys R & P in front and a Truck Arm in the back should be plenty for what you want the car to do. If you're thinking of Auto-Xing or Road Racing then you're probably going to want to go with an aftermarket front clip and a triangulated 4 link or 3 link.
      That BBC is going to hurt you in the corners with all that weight on the nose but if you already have it and, like I said, you're just going to be cruising and canyon carving, you should be fine.

John

BTW How the hell were you able to wedge that thing in there?!? LOL!
      '66 Chevy II - The "NEW" '69 Camaro!

***Under Construction***

Build Update Link:

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=17108

Feelin' the love

Thanks for the welcome Novanuts!! I got the BBC 427 in there by following the trail paved by some others that came before me. The shock towers were cut back to clear the headers. Here's a pic with that engine filling every possible void. I have thought about aftermarket front ends, but considering the effort and work that has already been put into it, what fun would that be? The CPP kit and Churchboys rack & pinion is certainly an idea worth considering. What should I do for the rear? Have you seen the CheckeredRacing.com nova 4bar?

The car is going to a friends garage this winter for body work. I hope we accomplish all that we set out to do, but if not I won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the insights,

Randy aka Novadoff

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome aboard!
      Cool Nova!

David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com