Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
      Pics of my next rat touring project...

These wheels-

I agree!! We need more info and pics of this project!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benoit23
      I can't wait to see some more of this build. please point us to your build thread.

Here s acouple of my 1970 Firebird. Its a plain bird but I am giving it the formula/resto-mod/pro-touring lookk...

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by michael6372
      I agree!! We need more info and pics of this project!!!
      -----------------------------------------------------------------

All in due time. We do have the body (steel portion) on the frame now. Dummy block is in. Engine is setback a good 6" (might be a bit more...I havent actually measured yet). 542ci Pontiac, procharged, etc. 6 speed and an aluminum 9". There will be a rear seat, but with the minitub to keep the tires well under the car, only be room for one. Frame was bent to put the car very low, and it is. Oval exhaust pipe is required and nothing hangs below the frame rails. Frame is 5" from the ground right behind the front tires and 6" from the ground right in front of the rear tires.

Car is going back to the chassis shop that did the 4 link/watts rear suspension for an 8.50 cert moly cage late next week. He will also fabricate the headers for the new CV-1 Pontiac cylinder heads. At that point its back to JHRS (Joes Hot Rod shop) and serious finish work.

I am working on a place to put pics, and will post that as soon as its ready to go. Thanks for the interest. This is a life long dream of mine finally coming to reality. I graduated high school the year this car was built/sold as new. Couldnt afford one then. Patience and hard work paying off.

Here is a quick taste. Off to the chassis shop next week for the cage.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Here's some recent pictures after installing air ride on my 1967 Pontiac Tempest.

Picture of car at ride height

Picture of car lowered

Picture lowered from rear

Picture of 455

My '64 Tempest. The Tri-Power 455 is currently getting swapped out in favor of an all-aluminum 6.2 LS3 crate engine.

My '64 GTO, ex-bracket bomber, for those who like 1/4 mile cars. Powered by a '71 455 HO engine.

Bart F.

'64 Tempest - LS3/4L70E - Grandma's Poor-Touring car
      '64 GTO - 455 HO/TH400 - Ex-bracket racer, street bruiser
      '02 WS6 convert - LS1/4L60E - Pure stock, pure pleasure

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by JT_67Tempest
      Here's some recent pictures after installing air ride on my 1967 Pontiac Tempest.
      Beautiful black car!

Jon
      Jon U.

1968 GTO - SC&C Suspension, Forgeline SO3 Wheels
      Build Thread
      1967 911 with a few mods

Love the looks of the 64 primered bomb, very cool.

Don't think I ever saw a TA with a set of side pipes before. page 1.

Grew up a poncho boy. Dad worked as a Mechanic at a pontiac dealer here in Shreveport La. for 35 years. he drove home something different almost every day and he let me drive most of them. I had a 60 StarChief I wish I had back now, I loved that car. 389 2bbl powerglide I think. it was a 2 speed trans is what I remember. then I had a 67 bonny 389 4bbl. Man that thing could move. And u could watch the gas gauge move too. But gas was what, 42 cents a gallon at the time I think. Might have been less. I do remember a Grand Am he brought home that I wanted. Can't remember what year it was though. 400 4 bbl 4 on the floor. It would get rubber in all 4 too. well, it barked um in 4th. I think I might cry now. Gone R the good ole days. And now my boring story.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy44
      Grew up a poncho boy. Dad worked as a Mechanic at a pontiac dealer here in Shreveport La. for 35 years. he drove home something different almost every day and he let me drive most of them. I had a 60 StarChief I wish I had back now, I loved that car. 389 2bbl powerglide I think. it was a 2 speed trans is what I remember. then I had a 67 bonny 389 4bbl. Man that thing could move. And u could watch the gas gauge move too. But gas was what, 42 cents a gallon at the time I think. Might have been less. I do remember a Grand Am he brought home that I wanted. Can't remember what year it was though. 400 4 bbl 4 on the floor. It would get rubber in all 4 too. well, it barked um in 4th. I think I might cry now. Gone R the good ole days. And now my boring story.
      I was definitely a little kid back in the day, but I remember my dad taking me for Sunday drives up the New England coast. I remember all the cars of the 60's and 70's. Great thing is that they all had personality. They weren't just stamped from a mold with little cosmetic changes here and there. Each one had very cool unique features and of course plenty of power. It's definitely not practical with a gallon of gas going for $3.50 and up, but it still is nice that we can capture a part of history or in my case my childhood. And no matter the price of gas, I'll always fill up my classic to take her for a nice cruise on the weekend!

Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by JT_67Tempest

Picture of car at ride height

Picture of car lowered

Picture lowered from rear

Picture of 455

Sharp car what size whhels and tires is it rolling on?

Just added a 64 Lemans to sit next to the Olds in the future.

holy crap cliff got new wheels

cliff, when did you get the new wheels?! they look great. i've had one of your older pics as my desktop background for motivation since i plan to keep my 67 white. i think i'll use this new side view as my new background

Quote Originally Posted by cliff6870

Traven

here is mine
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Country Flag: Netherlands
      Quote Originally Posted by T_Raven
      cliff, when did you get the new wheels?! they look great. i've had one of your older pics as my desktop background for motivation since i plan to keep my 67 white. i think i'll use this new side view as my new background

T_raven, Jon from Driverzinc hooked me up a couple of months ago. They came out really nice I think, wheels are one of the difficult choices to make for a car. Very nice thought to be on your desktop and to motivate fellow PT'ers! check out some newer pics in another post
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=49003

Cliff
      1968 Firebird
      Project Cheyenne Pro Performance

heres my poncho in progress.

mine

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com