Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

351 cleveland mini roots blower?

Hi guys. I have a 1973 Mach 1 mustang. 351c 4v built for forced induction. I recently seen a fairlane on you tube with a 351c mini under hood blower. Apparently it is a B&M 161 mini blower. Anybody seen these things yet? I'm interested but cant find a website with info about them. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

I think that B&M used to offer one for that application back in the 80s when they were going strong with the blower stuff. But I do not believe it's available from Holley / Weiand or B&M now.

cheers
      Ed N.
      Ed Nicholson
      73 VW Super Beetle "Sports Bug"
      95 Taurus SHO 5-speed -- new open-track beater

Hi KrypticPony,

I believe you might be talking about my Fairlane? The purple one?

Yes the blower on there is a B&M 161 Low Blow Supercharger as B&M used to call them.

They no longer make them, as the tooling was sold to Weiand, but they no longer make them either.
      Spares can still be obtained if you look hard enough. There is a supercharger guy here in Australia that sources spares for them. He rebuilt mine before I put it on.

I am contemplating selling mine as I'm looking at upgrading to a 6/71 soon, and I may be swayed if the right offer is made.
      It has been on the car for about a year now, and it has done about 2000kms/1250miles.

Cheers

Hey! Yeah Im talking about your purple one! Soo... What kinda cash would persuade you sir?

http://www.hamptonblowers.com/

This place does custom stuff but it won't clear the hood and won't be cheap.

But, cool none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by KrypticPony
      Hey! Yeah Im talking about your purple one! Soo... What kinda cash would persuade you sir?
      Holy Hell, where have you been?
      How is the project coming along?

~Chris
      1973 Mustang SportsRoof
      1985 Camaro Z28 Totaled, 1985 Camaro Berlinetta SOLD, 1989 Camaro RS SOLD, 1985 Corvette SOLD, 1969 Camaro Pro-Street SOLD, 1955 Chevy PU 1st Series SOLD

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com