Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Commander 950 questions

I have read in a couple of posts that the kit is very complete and that the wide band O2 sensor is great. Does this sensor come with the kit and does it plug into the ECM, or is it stand alone?

My other question is how wide (HP wise) can you tune each kit? My current engine is running right at 350hp and I am looking at buying the 950-21S (rated for use on 450-600 HP engine by Holley). The next engine will be pushing 600-650hp and I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy the smaller system, then upgrade. Can the above system be slightly de-tuned to work for my current setup, then just re-program when I get the new engine in? Anyone tried this?

-Nate

71 Firebird.....in progress

The horsepower limits in the kits aren't based on the ECU. THey are based on the other parts in the kit, specifically the injectors, throttle body size, and fuel pump. THe ecu itself can be re-calibrated at any time
      It would probably be wiser to buy the higher hp kit and and then also buy smaller injectors than buy the lower hp kit and later have to buy a bigger pump, throttle body, and injectors (depending on their kits). I would call holley's tech line, they should be able to tell you which kit will result in the minimum changeout of parts.

Thanks Fuelie. That sounds like a good idea, thinking I will go that route. My current set up may suffer with the larger throttle body, but I am not going to run it hard until I get the new engine in. As long as I have a decent return line, the pump should be ok as well.
      -Nate
      71 Firebird.....in progress

I have Holley stealthram on my 71 camaro, email with any questions. I have worked out some of the issues you may run into. Mine doesn't have the wide band o2, but i will upgrade soon. and NO it doesn't come with it.

[email protected]

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ks71z28
      I have Holley stealthram on my 71 camaro, email with any questions. I have worked out some of the issues you may run into. Mine doesn't have the wide band o2, but i will upgrade soon. and NO it doesn't come with it.

[email protected]

I called Holley, and you can now order all of the MPFI kits with the wide band. I just ordered my kit with the wide band included. Check out their web site for more info on part numbers.
      Why do termites eat houses?

Because they have
      Munchausen Syndrome.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com