Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Noobie with a 67 Dodge truck. 56K beware!

Hey all, names Brad, I'm from California near San Francisco.Heres my project 67 Dodge D100. I picked the old beast up about 2 years ago, it was just out of Fresno on a farm. Mostly stock runner, rust free, brakes shot, and some Duke boys wheels, LOL At first I was just gonna clean it up, fix the bugs, and drive it. I threw some Torque Thrusts on it and did a disc brake swap up front that ended up published in Classic Trucks magazine (article) Then Scott posted a "parting out" ad on here for a '96 Corvette. Needless to say, I now own the front and rear suspension from that Vette and its all going under the 67 on some 20 and 22 inch wheels. :rockon: Here are some beginning progress pics. Gotta pick up some material and do some serious fabbing. We mocked up the front subframe in wood to make easier measurements. Last pic is some random rendition I found on the internet (who would of thought someone else was planning a 67 Dodge truck build?????) and a Colter rendition of the finished product.

How I found it on the farm.

Torque Thrusts and discs.

Mocking up the front cross member.

Rear suspension.

The wheels. Bonspeed Huntingtons with brushed center.

Colters rendition.

Thats it for now, more to come as progress happens.

Got the engine out of the 67 and mocked up the cross member so we can get more accurate measurements. First couple of pics are ride height, fender lip 26" off ground, frame rails 6" off ground. Will have 7" of upward suspension travel, which means with bags deflated, truck WILL lay frame/rocker. I wasnt planning on that, but it worked out perfect. Rest of pics are just pics showing how the cross member (which isnt finalized) will fit and sit in truck.

Pulled the bed and front end off the 67 and got it in the garage where it belongs.

Pulled the cab off the frame. Man, that ****er is nose heavy! Even with the gas tank and fuel. It didnt help the way we did it either. We ran chains from the lower door hinge mounts and the seat belt mounts in the rear to middle of cab and used the cherry picker. I swear, the cab wanted to flip over. Was no fun. But, we have all our fingers and toes and no damage to cab! Enjoy!!!! LOL

Very cool, looks like a sick project! And I love the fact you're doing it all in your garage, that's a real-world build!
      Steve Ragusa - North Jersey
      2006 Infiniti G35x
      Former Build - 1988 Monte Carlo SS - ZZ4-cammed TPI 355, F-body serpentine conversion, World-Class 5-speed, Eibachs/Bilsteins, Howe tall LBJs, 34mm hollow front swaybar, 3/4" straight rear bar, 17" Coys C55s, 12" front discs, and more. Sold on 2/28/11.

Country Flag: United States
      I saw a silver one at Goodguys last year here in texas. It was my favorite truck at the show. I will see if I can dig up some pics I took. Good luck with the build.

Quote Originally Posted by wedgehead
      I saw a silver one at Goodguys last year here in texas. It was my favorite truck at the show. I will see if I can dig up some pics I took. Good luck with the build.
      Thats my friend Daryls truck, I've seen a bunch of pics of it. Vry sharp truck! Here it is. Mine will be much lower with way bigger wheels, have to one up him!!

Nice work but I just don't see that crossmember holding up too long.
      I look forward to seeing it come together.

Quote Originally Posted by gearheads78
      Nice work but I just don't see that crossmember holding up too long.
      I look forward to seeing it come together.
      Its made out of ironwood!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilbrad
      Thats my friend Daryls truck, I've seen a bunch of pics of it. Vry sharp truck! Here it is. Mine will be much lower with way bigger wheels, have to one up him!!
      Does he also have a home made front suspension using C4 parts? I think that is the same one. He is from this area I think it used to be in the orginal blue. If so its super nice fab work. I have not seen it painted. Turned out very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by gearheads78
      Does he also have a home made front suspension using C4 parts? I think that is the same one. He is from this area I think it used to be in the orginal blue. If so its super nice fab work. I have not seen it painted. Turned out very nice.
      It has a MII front end. Theres also a blue one out there (I think its in Florida now) that has a C4 IFS in it. Silver one. Blue one. And for ****s and giggles: An orange one.

Yea Brian's truck I could not remember his name. Turned out really nice.

Neat project. Look forward to more pics.
      Tod
      1990 Chevrolet 454SS - Hot Rod Power Tour 2007 Long Hauler & 2002 partial
      1966 Pontiac GTO Hdtp TriPower/4spd
      2002 Honda VTX1800C

Visit my website: http://www.akvalley.net/~ss

buying parts I can't afford...with money I don't have...to impress people I don't like anyway.

Country Flag: United States
      Hey Brad,

Nice to see you on this site too, you'll probably get more love here with this build than Norcal, just more Protouring scene....

I've been following your build up, can't wait to see it completed!!! Gonna be a bad ass truck
      Brad
      68 Camaro - Procharged LQ4 coming - Currie 9" narrowed, bagged, lays frame, BMW projector HID's LED tails, 18"s, lexus center console, seat warmers, A/C... Mini-tubbing in progress!!

07 BMW 750li -loaded

Cool project!! Please keep posting pictures so we can follow the build!

A little update for everyone. Brad got ahold of me a little while back to work out some of his ideas for the Dodge. Thought I'd post the results.

Brad I know u like me and all but ya gotta quit following me. Dam internet stalkers!!HAHA, Havent been on ur site so I been outta the loop. Nice truck keep us posted!

Awesome truck. Great to see something different.
      Put Up Or Shut Up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rb70383
      Brad I know u like me and all but ya gotta quit following me. Dam internet stalkers!!HAHA, Havent been on ur site so I been outta the loop. Nice truck keep us posted!
      Ha ha! Whats up dude! Get over there and post!! Thank you Mr O'dell for posting the rendition! I dont have any progress reports, as I'm a low dollar operation and money is tight right now.

very cool.. I been trying to talk my dealership into having me build a "shop truck" that is viper powered.
      1973 C10,400sbc, Baer Brakes, 4 link,TOYO tires
      2010 Charger RT

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com