Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Hi Brad.... guess who ?

Yes, the blue on is in Florida, and sometimes it's even in my shop. It currently belongs to a buddy of mine. I've done some work on it -new cam, new heads properly tuned the carb, new converter... it's a whole lot more drivable then it was when he purchased it. Now it just needs OD.

Quote Originally Posted by wedged
      Hi Brad.... guess who ?

Yes, the blue on is in Florida, and sometimes it's even in my shop. It currently belongs to a buddy of mine. I've done some work on it -new cam, new heads properly tuned the carb, new converter... it's a whole lot more drivable then it was when he purchased it. Now it just needs OD.
      Elvis??? Get me some pics of the front cross member!!

No, Elvis has a purple duster... I have a blue scamp... and a red dakota...

I don't know when I could get pics of the front end, my lift is tied up right now. I was actually trying to convince my buddy to re-do the front end because I think the geometry is off. It goes down the road good, but steering feel is strange. The mounting points don't exactlly mirror each other. Make sure you box the frame up front, and consider doing it the full length, if not back halfing it with box tube.

I forgot to mention, the engine was totally rebuilt and so was the trans...

I'm toying with the idea of a vette front end for the dakota...

We are boxing the entire frame, all new cross members, doing a tubular X-member in the middle and gonna have to Z the back of the frame (or build new rear frame rails) for the IRS. I have all the factory Vette geometry measurements and we are following that to the T. I'm even considering a full roll cage in it. Tell your buddy to get on www.sweptline.org Everyone there misses and worships his truck! He can even join my board if he can handle it, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Devilbrad
      I have all the factory Vette geometry measurements and we are following that to the T.

SHARE !!!! Send it me in e-mail if you want. I would appreciate for my archives.

Quote Originally Posted by wedged
      SHARE !!!! Send it me in e-mail if you want. I would appreciate for my archives.
      Whats your email addy?

I sent you a PM on your board.

69 D100

Hey, I currently own the 69 Petty Blue D100 that was in Mopar Muscle in 2003. Good luck with your project. Looks good so far.Name:  untitled.bmp
Views: 8589
Size:  900.1 KB

There you are!! Us Sweptline guys have been looking all over for you!

Country Flag: United States
      Cool project, I have always liked the lines of these trucks.

its going to be awesome when its done! i like that its different..dont see many of them around..good luck

Cool Project! Welcome to the site.
      Will have to keep up with this one.
      Thanks
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

any more updates?
      1973 C10,400sbc, Baer Brakes, 4 link,TOYO tires
      2010 Charger RT

Country Flag: Iceland
      Very cool, project! And I love the fact you're doing it all in your garage

I dont have any updates right now. Money has been tight and we are still deciding on how to best make the crossmember to be both functional AND pretty. I dont like the "lets just weld this here" look. I want everything smooth and flowing.

Kick ass project.

I've never been a dodge/chrysler fan but these trucks are changing my mind.

I recently sold a 62 UNI ford, that was slamned to the floor, to replace with a 46 ford cpe. that I'm pro-touring with all of Chassis Works stuff.

I'm diggn' your wooden mock up - I would have never thought about using that........

Ratty 46

Bump because people have been asking why the pics are gone. I am almost done with the front cross member and have the rear all planned out. Progress pics coming soon!

OK, finally an update! Hopefully you can see how I plan on putting the cross member together. Its made from 2"x4", .125" wall rectangular tubing and the pivots are 1" diameter with a 1/2" hole. Remember this is for '95 Corvette front suspension. The two uprights are cut at 45 degree angles were they meet the center piece, then clamped together, and slowly "drilled" on the ends with a hole saw to break through the surface. We then cut from hole to hole to make the slot for the lower control arm pivot. Obviously the holes are not the correct diameter yet. Dad's been a machinist for 45 years and says no problem using and end mill to get it to size. The uprights are not cut to length yet and neither are the pivots, nor the middle sections ends, they will need trimming. Have to get the three pieces together first. Reason I did it this way...I wanted as much welded surface area holding the pivots in as I could get. We could of just drilled a hole on each side of the rectangular tubing, but thats too easy, LOL Once together and correct width for frame is cut, the bottom of the frame will be notched on each rail, the cross member will slide up into the notch, get welded in place inside frame rail at desired ride height, then boxing plates welded in, over, and to the cross member. Yes, I know I need to do some more hand fitting of the parts, but its close. Critiques?

Love it!

I'd really like to have an old truck as a tow rig for my Camaro when it's done. I don't see taking on something as ambitious as this though. I was considering getting an old truck body then trying to find a chassis and drivetrain out of a wrecked modern truck to graft the vintage body onto.
      True T.

Whats new with Project 1/2-Trak?

Follow my wisecracks on Sports, Food, Politics and other BS on Twitter.

My blog

When they kick out your front door, How you gonna come?
      With your hands on your head, Or on the trigger of your gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
      Love it!

I'd really like to have an old truck as a tow rig for my Camaro when it's done. I don't see taking on something as ambitious as this though. I was considering getting an old truck body then trying to find a chassis and drivetrain out of a wrecked modern truck to graft the vintage body onto.
      I've seen Sweptline cabs and beds mounted on late model 4WD Ram Cummins chassis'. Supposedly a very easy swap and no smog out here were we are!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com