Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

A/C adapter fitting

Looing to atach a -10 hose from the compressor to the GM accumulator that is a -12 male. Anybody make a reducer that will have an O-ring female -12 to a male O-ring -10?

Takid455,

If someone knows of a source, I'd sure like to know too! I've been looking for exactly that same application for my '79 Z with V/A Frontrunner. So far, all I've found is braze on pipe reducers.
      Any body else have better luck?

John

Country Flag: United States
      Check with Vintage Air

I called Doc's blocks w/ no success. the help guy didn't seem to know what he was doing. I'll give them another shot and hopefully get a knowledgeable person.
      Four seasons fs.com I am told has some, but haven't found anything yet.

Country Flag: United States
      I am supprised Doc's Blocks did not have them.
      These are links to the adapters you are looking for. The name is Male o-ring to Male Flair Fitting adapter

http://www.rparts.com/Catalog/Instal...s/adapters.asp

http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/ac/...o-rings-39.php

http://www.polarbearinc.com/PBPC/hom..._Adapters.html
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      Oliver Shultz
      It's OK to giggle and snicker. don't laugh and point

polar bear seems to have the part i'm looking for "FITTINGS / ADAPTERS / FEMALE O-RING TO MALE INSERT O-RING" but I dont see the -12 female to -10 male option. I'll give them a call.

You could also use an adapter splicer for standard hose, #12 to #10. So far, this, along with tubing splicers, are the only fittings I've been able to come up with.

The splicer is about 2/3 to 3/4 down the page:

http://www.rayeveritt.com/Fittings/12Fittings.htm

John

After searching and following the information/ leads provided by members, I came to the conclusion that the only way I would get the system to work the way I want and look 'clean' would be to have it made. I am using a sanden 508 compressor, Aeroquip lines with everything else stock 1978 GM Tran Am. A call to Classic Auto Air made this possible. Since the aftermarket does not reproduce the stock style accumulator, I was left with no choice to have mine rebuilt. While it was there , I had them switch the -12 fitting to a -10. the set up installs great and the workmanship is excellent. I could barely tell where/how they installed the fitting. the overall piece is beam blasted so it has that rough look to it. I will attempt to give it the brushed aluminum look to match the rest of the system. all said and done including shipping both ways was just under 150. not cheap, but I haven't found another solution. I am happy.

Takid455,

Since I have the same problem, it's good to hear that you found a solution. I was hoping to find a replacement 134a compatible accumulator that would have AN-10 inlet/outlet fittings, but so far, no luck. Might have to try your method and have Classic Auto Air do one up for me as well.

Thanks for the follow up!

John

If you are using the black rubber hose, they make a -12 female to -10 hose crimp fitting. If using braided aeroquip style hose, no adapter fitting exist AFAIK. hope this helps

Takid455,

I have the Aeroquip A/C line that I was hoping to use, though I've heard from a couple of other people on different forums that the aeroquip fittings have a tendency to leak refrigerant. Not sure if that's due to the fitting or the crimping method. If needed, I can use the standard black a/c hose and be done with it. I would prefer the reduced barrier hose since I can make a tighter radius to tuck the lines between the fender and inner wheelhouse to avoid using hard lines, but right now, I'll do anything it takes to get the a/c hooked up and running!

John

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com