Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: Sweden

Camaro SuperSport '68

After some years of just "visits" on this page, I finally got around to it and registered.

I´m Wictor by the way, and I live in the middle of Sweden. Currently working on my
      (second) `68 Camaro SS. Bought it last July - literally in pieces. Although it was painted
      back in -82(!) and never assembled, so that was one less worry.

Anyway, since the car is almost finished, I won´t be posting a "project-thread". Will however
      post some images of the car here. The engine is a CSB385 with aluheads and 4x48 Dellorto carbs.

Nice project there Wicktor! Seeing those Delortos reminds me of the Webers on the old Chaparral race cars! It's a nice mix of old and new you have there!

Thanks Paul! Yes, a big inspiration of mine is vintage racing and I´ve always
      liked to mix old with the new...

Country Flag: United States
      Awesome looking car.
      Would love to hear it.
      I'll settle for some more pictures.

Ok, some more pictures coming up!

Will post more pictures later...

Very Nice looking Car, Wictor! I have always liked the Weber/ Dellorto setups for the old American V8s. Is it difficult to tune those carbs?
      Roger

looks good.
      rick k

Quote Originally Posted by 72tunaboat
      Very Nice looking Car, Wictor! I have always liked the Weber/ Dellorto setups for the old American V8s. Is it difficult to tune those carbs?
      Thanks!
      I´m a newbie at these kind of carb-setups myself. Have been some trial
      and error but it now runs very good. Truth be told, I just ordered a Dellorto Tech
      Handbook so that I can get updated and learn more about them. It´s kind of hard
      finding people, at least here in Sweden, that has knowledge about Dellortos (DRLA).
      Weber, on the contrary, is more common and still manufactured.

Quote Originally Posted by rickk
      looks good.
      rick k
      Thanks Rick!

It looks VERY good! Nice work Wictor! Those carbs are awesome!
      Tony Langlois
      1966 Corvair Monza

Wictor welcome...finally.

I love your car! It looks amazing. The stance is freaking awesome! What kind of set up are you running and have you had any problems with the rear end sitting so low? What wheel size wheels are you running on the rear??

Please keep posting pictures as you continue to improve an already impressive ride. I'm kind of bummed you didn't have a build thread to follow.

Oh....and thanks for the screen saver pictures!
      Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL
      It looks VERY good! Nice work Wictor! Those carbs are awesome!
      Thank You Tony! Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffav8
      Wictor welcome...finally.

I love your car! It looks amazing. The stance is freaking awesome! What kind of set up are you running and have you had any problems with the rear end sitting so low? What wheel size wheels are you running on the rear??

Please keep posting pictures as you continue to improve an already impressive ride. I'm kind of bummed you didn't have a build thread to follow.

Oh....and thanks for the screen saver pictures!
      I bow and thank You!
      Yes, the car turned out real nice. The rear end is nothing special really. I mounted
      Hotchskis lowering (2") leafsprings and also installed 2" lowering blocks. Had to modify
      the lower shockbrackets so that they would clear the rims. I also rolled the inside of
      the wheelwell for more clearence. The rims are 10" wide in the rear, which is max for stock wells...

By the way, there´s a clip on YouTube if You wanna here it "live". Not reving it though - You can see why.
      It was shot during American Power Tour when we were entering a townsquare...

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

More pictures is coming when I get acces to my computer. I´m at work right now....

Hope my english isn´t too bad.

Awesome 68 Wicktor! Love the Union paint scheme. Kinda like an early Chaparal race theme. The carbs are fantastic looking, was going to ask if they are hard to keep in tune. The stance is great too. Great job!

Dellortos are relatively simple to work on. I'm rebuilding a 40 DRLA for my daughters car now. It's all apart on the kitchen table. The Dellorto book is going to be a big help though and a good sync tool is a must . The initial setup can be a bit scary. Too bad they don't make them anymore just like the Webers. IMPI is repoducing the IDFs but they are having serious quality issues.

Ok, Paul. I hope I won´t have to tear them apart, in a nearby future anyway. One carb
      I had to take apart and clean `cause some debris had plugged what I think is a main jet
      and a air correction jet.

hey Wicktor, where in Sweden are you? I had the priviledge of visiting Gotenburg (sp?) a few years back and was amazed at the architecture and way of life there. I could really live there it was awsome!

Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68
      hey Wicktor, where in Sweden are you? I had the priviledge of visiting Gotenburg (sp?) a few years back and was amazed at the architecture and way of life there. I could really live there it was awsome!
      Hi! I live approx. 380km (230miles) north of Gothenburg. And yes, Sweden is
      a very nice place to live, especially during the summer!

Have you ever been to Gothenburg? Before I left I took a boat ride down the canal that runs through the city, out to the bay and back. I didn't get to see much country but the city was great. What really awed me was to see Mercedes and Volvo's being used as Taxi's. Here the idea is to use cheap cars for taxi's. People were some of the friendliest as well. Cool place.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com