Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Change from PowerGlide to 4L60E

Hello!

I am a new member and I live in Sweden. I have plans on changing my boring powerglide into a 4L60E or simular. What I want is to be able to change gears on "formula 1"controls on the steering Wheel. I have seen that there is kits for this, but They sure dont work on my 1968 powerglide!!

Has someone done this already? I am in need of all the help I can get, and if you have ideas or even know where I can find all the stuff I need, IŽd be very happy for all the help I can get.

Thanks. Fredrik

Country Flag: United States
      Fredrik,

Welcome to the site!

Everything you need is right here: www.twistmachine.com

The steering wheel controls you're talking about is called the "Shrifter". You'll also need a transmission controller. Most guys seem to like the T-com. There is some info about them on the Twist Machine page. The owner of the company posts here and should be able to answer any questions you would have. The FAQ section on their site is pretty helpful at that, though.

Welcome Fredrik.
      Jan Suhr contacted me on your behalf. I have emailed him the video of the paddle shifter in action. Feel free to email or post with any questions.

And thanks Ralph for providing the link.

Thanks for the very quick help.

I found some good stuff at the TCI-webpage....Has anyone got their prices? I couldnŽt find them? Has anyone calculated a total sum of all the costs this would meen?

Do I need all the details, such as the steerings for the carburator etc? I understand that I will need to get the speedometer working so the wire driver for that is a sure thing, but otherwise? What more do I need?

Hoping för more help.

Thank you.
      Fredrik

Fredrik,
      I prefer not to use the forum to conduct business (sales, pricing, etc.) I'm happy to answer any of your technical questions on the forum. Please email me with details of your car and shipping info. I will reply with a complete list of required part numbers and prices with shipping for your exact application.

If you have a carbureted application, you will need a Throttle Position Sensor to Carburetor adapter. Those with fuel injected applications can either splice into their existing TPS wiring (cleaner installation) or purchase an adapter harness (easier installation)

Fredrik,
      Email sent. Please reply here if you do not receive the message.

I will check for email first thing tomorrow morning. I gave you my work Email and the company I work with ( BOSCH ) wont let me access my emails from home ( security reasons ). So I will read the mail in approxmately 12 hours from now. Its ten pm in Sweden now.

Thanks.

Fredrik

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com