Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Checking in from Houston

Finally time to post the introduction. HAve a garage full of cars, with the most pressing project being a 65 Mustang Coupe. One owner 6 cylider three speed bench seat car my wife bought.

Driveline and interior have been removed in preparation for a modern driveline and suspension. HAve a '93 5.0 complete with harnesses and computer as a starting point. Looking at options for a 6-speed, and always on the lookout for the killer deal for a 4.6 DOHC 6 Speed driveline.

At this point, trying to decide on the following:
      1. Front suspension. The shock towers have to go. Looking at Mustang II style but cannot decide on who's. So far have looked at FatMan Fab and Heidts.
      2. Rear suspension - CA/TCI has a sweet setup, but 5K is a lot to spend. Have several leads on Cobra IRS units, but that would lead to item 3.
      3. How to flare the rear fenders in steel. Trying to do as much work as possible in the garage. While I am good with fiberglass, I really want to do steel. I have not found anyone near houston that will flare the fenders in the style of the old SCCA Trans AM cars. SN65.com has a "kit", but I have not seen any installed, except for the set they installed on their car.

Trying to build a quality platform, with an eye on road handling and performance. Exterior color shoice will be Orange, as are most of our vehicles. Build will be at the house in a 4 car garage with 4 post lift sharing space with
      2002 SOM Z28
      1989 Mustang GT (Son's ride)
      2003 SOM Magnacharged Avalanche Z66
      2007 Dodge Ram (Son's DD)
      1993 Buick Roadmasher (Daily Driver)

Where in the Houston area are you located?

Country Flag: United States
      another houstonian! welcome!
      Colin Russ

Welcome aboard. Why do the shock towers have to go? Mod motor I assume?

Typically Heidts and fatman are street ord stuff that looks cool but do not have any real documented performance behind them.

You might look for a full frame or clip from Art Morrison. We sell a lot of Art Morrison, and it is always the best.

If you have any questions, feel free to call me

four zero seven 832 1752 8AM to 10PM eastern time

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_J
      Where in the Houston area are you located?
      NW Houston, West of Willowbrook.

Hwy 6/290 myself. You must be out near Louetta? I don't know anyone in the Houston area doing quality metal work like flares. Maybe the guys at Bruce's Rod Shop can recommend someone. I've set up several cars with the Mustang II type front ends but they were all street rods. My current project is getting a narrowed MII but it is more street rod than Pro-Tour. It will still be miles above what the stock setup is. I know Art Morrison has modified the MII to perform much better than stock and may have something to suit you better. Craig Morrison posts on here and may have some suggestions.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com