Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

ls1 throttle body

well i think im going to fab my own fuel injection for my gen 1 small block. im going to buy the holley 4bbl fuel injection manifold. but the damn throttle bodies are so expensive. what do you guys think about taking a throttle body off of a lsx type turning it rightside up and bolting it to that manifold with an aluminum adapter plate? just a thought cause an ls1 throttle body can be had ALOT cheaper than a 4bbl holley.

Tough guys may wear pink, but Bad Asses still wear black.

Country Flag: United States
      Yes it would work, but make sure that intake you purchase is a single plane and has an open square as the inlet. If it is a 4-hole type inlet, a single body t-body like the LS1 has would kill flow in that area.
      Co-Founder, LS1TECH.com

Forged Wheel Dealer, Contact me for a quote!
      www.DV8Motoring.com

if you are custom fabbing an adapter i would almost put 2 ls tb's on it for the extra airflow and it would look really trick, but that depends on your hp/cid goals. BTW - GM uses that same tb on the ram jet 350. i know those tb's are @ 75mm dia but i dont know the exact airflow ratings.

Don't pass up self porting the lsx throttle body, I've personally seen good gains from the hour or two spent doing it. And free HP is good HP.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com