Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks SO MUCH to ALLKAR for photoshopping my car as per my colors and direction!!

This is what I have in mind... WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???

Sick project, and ALLKAR is the MAN when it comes to 'chops! That's gonna look insane when it's finished!
      Steve Ragusa - North Jersey
      2006 Infiniti G35x
      Former Build - 1988 Monte Carlo SS - ZZ4-cammed TPI 355, F-body serpentine conversion, World-Class 5-speed, Eibachs/Bilsteins, Howe tall LBJs, 34mm hollow front swaybar, 3/4" straight rear bar, 17" Coys C55s, 12" front discs, and more. Sold on 2/28/11.

Yes, Yes, Yes! By the way, who provided the narrowed rack?

Nice!!!
      Chris K.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
      STAIRS.

I totally love it... Big Block , small vehicle , big brakes , and a paddle shifter.. Very cool and looks like lots of fun and smiles when out on the road..
      Keep posting the pics . -

1967 Camaro SS-RS LT-1

I have to say, this is the most interesting project since the ecovette here. I love it... good luck and keep us posted on the progress!

now thats what i call a "slug" bug!

that is insanely cool.
      Jeff J. aka JJ

1969 Camaro
      1952 Chevy Truck

wir müssen Leben bis wir Sterben...

The narrowed rack is 3" shorter than the normal Mustang II rack. I bought it with the IFS kit from Art Morrison. It is made by Flaming River. Also, if you go on Flaming River's website they have narrowed racks that are 1", 2", and 3" narrower than stock width available.

When I first purchased this kit the car was just a street car and occasional run down the drag strip. Now that I plan to run the car on a road course the plan on the steering situation will probably have to be updated as well. I am planning an installation of a Flaming River tilt-steering column. I will work with Flaming River or Art Morrison at that time to come up with a Power Steering rack for this new setup.

I will pass on that information when I locate what I am going to use.

Funny thing to mention the heads...Im running a set of afr 345's that had a little P&P .
      I had a heck of a time getting the tall deck 598 in my camaro with the raised exhaust ports it made headers a nightmare.... and the stroke made things bad on the lower end with the oil pan and crossmember. I bet that there was a fair amount of work to get a bbc in a bug.
      BTW Im running a comp solid roller with a .714/.714 lift as its about the limit on the valve springs (as far as life) if you want to do any street driving like I do. I also run a set of roller lifters with high pressure fed oiling.

Dude that rendering if it is a rendering is awesome hopefully it's not and that is the real thing.Awesome DUBB that's the way they should have made them from day 1!!!!

That is pretty cool.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS

Here's a couple more renderings that another guy mocked up. This is one of the other wheel choices I am considering. He also wanted to show me a different color combination of Black and Gray.

I am kinda partial to my original idea of Red and Black... I listed the first picture again to compare them side by side...

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???

Middle picture does it for me.

I think I like the all black wheels.
      '50 Ford Coupe (project)
      '64 Chevy NOVA SS

I'm sorry... but those all look silly to me. This thread is dare to be different, but you're making it like every other 'PT' car out there with the popular color and Forgelines.

This is different, and I love it!

Make it go, handle and stop then call it a year.

I appreciate where you are coming from and your point is well understood. But don't you think that being "different" can go deeper than just paint color and wheel choice??

Fabbing EVERY stitch of a car (that's not normally considered a performance machine) from front to back is somewhat different... Using a body style that no one else is using is somewhat different... Don't take this wrong, because I wish I had one myself, but every other car on these "PT" sites are '69 Camaro's (IMHO the finest musclecar EVER built)...

In my lifetime (not counting all the other cars I have owned) I have owned a 1962 medium-blue VW Bug, a 1976 medium-blue Buick Regal, a 1984 medium-blue Mercury Cougar, a 1965 medium-blue Corvette, a 1967 medium-blue Chevy II, and now a 1972 medium-blue VW bug... I love my Bug... I am just ready for a change... I have never owned a red car... I have always wanted a red car... the cards have just never fell that way...

In addition, Weld Draglites don't come in 18"x12"... I need to go to 18" wheels to get to the stopping power I need with large enough brakes. Have you ever shopped around for 18"x12" wheels??? The choices are VERY slim! Most companies make an 18"x9" or 18"x10" wheel but when you get to the 12"-14" wide range it becomes pretty slim pickins'...

The other thing about "modular" wheels is the myriad of back-spacings available. The back end of my car is no big deal because of the short width of my rear-end. I could handle a 15" wide wheel in the back. It is VERY critical on my front end where I am fighting control-arm length/width, Steering Axis Inclination, scrub radius, turn radius, and fender clearance...

In the end I am going to build a car that appeals to ME... If others like it, than great. If they don't, that's OK too. I am not spending my hard earned money to try and please ANYONE else but me (NOT EVEN MY WIFE! She doesn't like the 2-tone paint scheme, by the way...) The reason I ask for opinions from others is to try and uncover an idea that I might have not thought of or considered. Everyone has their own sets of experiences and I have sure not seen or done it all...

Actually, weldcraft can widen just about any wheel to 18x12 for you and it'd be cheap too. usually 250 bucks per wheel. Something to consider if you feel limited and have a wheel you'd have liked to use but it didn't come in a size you wanted.
      Tony Langlois
      1966 Corvair Monza

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know of any companies stretching wheels other than maybe factory-style steel "Rally" wheels. I'll check into it...

Very, Very cool. I personally love the black and red two tone with black wheels. I would consider diamond cut on the wheels

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com