Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Took the day off work to build this.

http://www.73-ls1.com/rack.html

This will give the media blaster room to do the bottom, I can roll it around the shop and when I go to do the rear suspension/fuel lines/brake lines and all that, I'll have plenty of room.

awesome rack, what type steel stock did you use to put it together, and can it rotate, i'm guessing not, but it looks like its high enough off the ground to easily get underneath. good work
      Derek
      Derek R.

newest member of www.Pro-NeverGoingToGetOutaTheF'nGarage.com and www.3800lbpaperweight.net

Project Black Sunshine: 1991 S10 Blazer 4x4, converted to AWD. Typhoon Torsion bars, borg warner 4472 transfer case, belltech bar keys...caddy lights, bravada grille, shaved everything. Full custom owner built interior
      more mods come with every dollar saved

The main frame is 1 1/2" square 1/8"
      Cross Braces are 1" square 1/8"
      I used 1" angle iron for the diagnals to make it more solid.

It has casters on it, but I think I am going to put bigger ones on it so it'll roll easier.

I think he is asking... can you turn the car upside-down. Like a rotisserie... I was looking at the same thing.

Reading it again I think he was asking both, what it was made of and can it rotate.

It does not rotate.

What did you use as attach points? The Sub Frame Connection points and Bumper attach points?

Exactly.. The rear bumper mount and the front subframe mount.

For the bumper mount I took .25" plate and cut a rectangle so I could put a bolt through both holes. Used 2" spacers and drilled holes in the 1.5" square tube. Welded all the together to make sure it was solid. Used 3/8 bolts with washers to tighten it down.

For the front I drilled holes in some aglne iron and welded that directly to the 1.5" square tube. Used the old body mount bushings as spacers and the stock subfram bolt to tighten it doen.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com