Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

biggest tire for new Heidt's four link camaro firebird

I just saw the new 4 link from Heidt's for the gen 2 camaro/firebird. I have a minitubbed '76, and am looking for suspension options. I just ordered DSEs leafspring kit with 3" drop, but this looks interesting. So my problem: Right now until May 31, the Heidt's kit is only $899.

It appears as though the design, however, may hamper my efforts of getting a 335 under the rear fender. It uses the stock spring pocket for the lower link, but worse-- the upper link has its forward mount on the OUTSIDE of the frame rail. Maybe it can be relocated to the inside of the frame rail with a little MIG action.
      Has anyone seen one of these yet? What size tire can be run?

Should I stick with my DSE kit? Yes, the airbar/g-bar set up is the preferred setup, but $2000? C'mon...
      Greg
      1976 Trans Am SacrilEdge
      twin turbo 455
      Ttops and 4spd
      one of 110 made
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ect&highlight=
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ilEdge-is-free!

Country Flag: United States
      Personally, I'd stick with the DSE kit. Leaf springs can do very well for themselves. If you want to know what to run with the Heidt's setup, I'd call them. I don't know of anyone running that one yet.
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

4-links are awful for turning corners. The Heidt's kit has a huge amount of bind designed into it (LCA's are too short).
      Stay with the leafsprings.
      1971 Camaro, 383 stroker ~500HP,M21 Trans with lightened flywheel. All Sorts of Auto-x Goodness in the Suspension. 12" Brakes ->SOLD

But ask me about my 2004 STi Auto-x car...

Just call me Brett

We were looking at the system at Hot Rods and Restoration, Seems like it might go through some radiacal pinion angle changes. Just a assumption, I would like to have run it through it motion.

Eh - I saw the calculations on the 4-link in the Gulf Camaro a few years ago. The LCA's need to be over 40" long to avoid bind. In the Gulf it interferes with the mounting of the front seat.
      1971 Camaro, 383 stroker ~500HP,M21 Trans with lightened flywheel. All Sorts of Auto-x Goodness in the Suspension. 12" Brakes ->SOLD

But ask me about my 2004 STi Auto-x car...

Just call me Brett

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com