Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Race track design thought....

I was looking at the track layouts of all of the Nascar tracks and was noticing that Infineon Raceway looked like a bent and broken guitar.

Then came the thought that if you built a track that was the shape of a Fender Stratocaster it would make a really challenging course with 2 really nice straights and good hairpins along with a big sweeping curve and 4 chicanes. It would be a great F1 layout.

You could call all of the accidents ; Fender benders.

Just so you know : I came up with all this after 13 hrs at work while looking at the last page of the Cat Nascar calender that is on our wall.

I was tired and needed to go home, could you tell ?

Jim Nilsen

Interesting thought for sure. Now all you gotta do is find some sponsors, locate a good property, and make it happen!

There was an article on a new track being constructed somewhere in Mid east country in Racecar Engineering a couple of months ago. It looked like a really fun track.
      The first step of becoming a better driver is to attend a track event, time yourself, and realize the fact you really suck.

Signed,
      A driver who laps Big Willow at 1:42.6 in a 134hp BMW - and I am still considered mediocre.

Country Flag: United States
      Autocross courses have odd shapes from time to time, lots cheaper too!

67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com