Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

LS7 oil pan adapter

Hey I'm doing a 57 Corvette with a Paul Newman chassis and C-4 suspension. It has an LS7/T56 swap. I'm using the factory dry sump system and will use the factory oil tank. I will need to adapt the factory oil line attachments to use an Aeroquip line or similar. I have found a set of S&P oil line adaptors and they will work for the tank. But they will not work for the pan as it is too close to the headers. I heard Paul Newman may have a block that he made that works. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what did you use to fix the problem?

Country Flag: United States
      Are you trying to come off the pan fittings at a 90* turn? just trying to figure out exactly what you're up against and trying to do? have you tried Earl's to see if they make a fitting?
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

LS7 swap issues

Nobody seems to have one "off the shelf", and yes i need to make a 45 or a 90 off the pan either forward or backward. I know Mallett Cars is doing a lot of LS7 swaps so i'll check their website. Any ideas? I'm sure somebody on this site has encountered this problem...?

I do not recall the exact size of the holes in the oil pan, but perhaps they can be tapped for 3/8 or 1/2 NPT or even for a -8 or -10 o-ring fitting. Just a thought.

Mike Norris
      Mike Norris

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com