Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The oposite of pro touring is???

Why, I just don't understand. This is my favorite year.

Country Flag: Canada

Why????????

I am just absolutely dumbfounded, speachless even. I'm hoping some day to be able to buy a '69 Camaro and we have guys doing this to them. Yeah, I know, everybody has the right to "express themselves", but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
      Ken

I saw a yellow 67 or 68 that was set up the same way about 3 years ago. WTF are they thinking? Id be sick if I was at a mudhole and saw a car like that being trashed. Im pretty open minded but i know what mud does to a vehicle! The good thing is that it was for sale so mabey someone can save it.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

69 4x4

wow, does anyone know who has it for sale?

Hey, look on the bright side, every time someone destroys a 1st Gen, the value of ours goes up. There's only so many!
      Scott
      Twin Turbo 434 SBC, T56, Baer brakes, HRE wheels, etc...
      My 69 Camaro
      Lateral-g.net

Country Flag: United States
      Well--I for one am gettinng tired of having to look up at the "hottie" in the next lane because my car is too low. This guy gets to look down and see the whole enchilada.

You got it!

Quote Originally Posted by streetfytr68
      Well--I for one am gettinng tired of having to look up at the "hottie" in the next lane because my car is too low. This guy gets to look down and see the whole enchilada.
      StreetFytr68 has got the right idea... that's why I drove a Truck for a daily driver! :icon996:

Paul Z.
      Paul
      1955 Chevrolet 210 Delray 2 Door Sedan
      1965 Impala Two Door Hardtop
      1968 Pontiac Firebird

I like it but still think it looks alot better done to an el camino
      :3gears: 68 Rally Sport Camaro 350/4spd(t56ingarage)/8.5 10bolt 2.56 open,Hotchkis springs, kyb shocks, 17" Rallys 235/245-45-17

1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am 3.8 Buick LC2 V-6 w/51k, Ported heads w/oversized one piece valves, te-44 turbo,PTS built 200R4 w/2800stall, Lucas green top 009 42.5# injectors, AFPR, Adjustable wastegate, ATR 3inch exhaust, Terry houston 3inch mandrel bent downpipe, stock intercooler w/duttwieler neck, Eibach Springs, Bilstien shocks, Spohn adjustable panhard bar...

Leave the poor Caminos alone.. do it to a Ranchero or a Brat instead.

Poor car

Steevo...

Seriously, you kill me...That Icon that was licking its lips, combined with your "enchilada" text, almost made me blow Pepsi on my PC...

Hard to believe it has been an entire year since we rolled Woodward in my car...

Yeah Jeff..Sorry I can't make it this year. Woodward is a hell of a traffic jam! And sorry about the "Pepsi on the keyboard thing" too. Email me with your #. I need to talk speak you.
      /Steevo

Quote Originally Posted by streetfytr68
      I dont want to see the "whole enchilada"

I want to see the "whole taco"

I didnt just go there did I??

I need lunch.. the hunger is obviously effecting my judgement..
      "A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."

1968 Track Rat Camaro:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGHJ5c1yLIo&t=2s

1971 Chevelle Wagon with a few mods:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVPR3sRgyU

In a homer simpson voice:
      "mmmmmmmmmmmm Pink Tacoooooo" Both Steve's
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

hey check out the web site the pic is hosted from.....

4x4 camaro

That photo is from last weekend's "Chevy Madness" show in Orange Coounty, CA. That car and a couple of others were for sale by a collector car consignment company. If I remember correctly, the asking price for this car was $15,500!! What a deal, eh??

Frank

wasn't there a huge thread a while back about awd camaro?perhaps the project got finished.

There are quite a few of these 1969 camaro bodies on blazer chassis floating around here on Long Island. When I used to work in Mineola there was a gas station that had a hugger orange rally sport on a lifted blazer chassis. Recently a Daytona Yellow one has begun parking around the corner from my house, I went to take a look at it one day (it had "for sale" written on it in white shoe polish but it looked old) and I popped the hood. My father used to have a real 1969 z/28 that he bought new (and I still have a lot of the cool parts for) and I have been trying to track down since he sold it so I know the trim tag by heart and was surprised to see that the car was a real z/28 body. Next time I see it I think I am going to leave a note. Incidently I have also seen a 1970 GTO on a lifted blazer chassis and a lifted 1976 El Camino out in suffolk county. A couple of years ago I went to look at a 1980 z/28 with a buddy and the seller had a 1973 camaro on a lifted 4x4 chassis. I seem to remember this kind of conversion being a semi-popular thing in the late 1970's - early 1980's and if done right all they do to get the body to fit is to weld body mounts to the chassis that bolt where the camaro subframe attaches and shouldn't be hard to undo.

Geeto67,

I'm on the island, Smithtown to be exact. I haven't seen any of these cars driving around, that's probably a good thing, especially if people are doing this to real Z/28s.

The 76 El Camino I see in the Watermill - Bridge Hampton area all the time and I think the owner is a member of the local volunteer fire department as it has a set of wigwags on the roof. The Orange 69 RS was in Mineola, the Yellow 69 Z/28 is in flushing, Queens and I haven't seen it in a month, but next time I do I'll take pictures. The GTO I saw a long time ago in Riverhead. The 73 camaro Was at a storage facility in Coram and the owner had a hanger sized storage unit with some unbelievable unrestored cars stored inside (like a 1969 GTO ram air convertable, a 1969 RS 350, a 1968 GTO, and some other really cool cars). The thing we all keep forgetting about these cars now that they are worth a fortune is that over a decade ago they were just used cars with a value roughly equal to toilet paper. I cringe when I hear stories of my father blowing the rear out in his 1962 409 chevy or how he used to side step the clutch in his z/28 at 6000rpm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com