Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: "Das Goat"

Country Flag: United States

"Das Goat"

I bought a car Its a 72 GTO... Its not numbers matching but it works for me. It needs a couple of things, ill post pictures for all of you. My friends are calling it "Das Goat" I dont know why, but the name is sticking. Untill I figure something different out that name is gonna have to work. I need to find a rear valence and a good dash pad...anyone have any leads? Not a thing on ebay.

I also have a 72 but it is a convertible, send me your e-mail and I will forward photos. As for the dash pad no one makes just the pad, you have to get the entire dash assembly and it goes for big cash. The only thing that is available is a dash cap that is made of plastic that covers the dash pad, it is held on with double sided tape (3m or some thing like this). The rear valence is an easy find at the parts place, AMES or performance years, they rang from $99 for ABS plastic to $169 for OEM steel. Hope this helps and good luck.

Sweet,.......Goat #'s are on the rise.

Can't wait to see pictures. I like the 72s. What kind of drivetrain is it now?

I think your buddy is making play off the 1981 movie title "Das Boot". It's about a World War 2 German U-boat.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082096/

Shay

congrats on the Goat

I like this das boot

cool...post up pics when you get a chance!
      Colin Russ

Pics of the car

SO far soo good with the car.. suspension should be done this weekend hopefully! The engine bay is clean and painted, im working on the engine this weekend as soon as I get time. Ill post pics and updates when i get time.

You might want to check on this site or make a post in the wanted section... http://forums.performanceyears.com/forums/

wow deffinatly needs some work gotta loose the banner and those wheels

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com