Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hybrid View

BBC banks turbo?

I know Banks has a bunch of older kits out for the bbc in a marine application. What is the feasability of using one in a street car? I know the exhaust manifolds are water cooled. Would they survive without water through them? The intake plenum could be run as a water intercooler, and use a carb style throttle body and convert your manifold to EFI. Anyone else think it will work? I have never seen one of these kits in person, but have seen several pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by 502imp
      I know Banks has a bunch of older kits out for the bbc in a marine application. What is the feasability of using one in a street car? I know the exhaust manifolds are water cooled. Would they survive without water through them? The intake plenum could be run as a water intercooler, and use a carb style throttle body and convert your manifold to EFI. Anyone else think it will work? I have never seen one of these kits in person, but have seen several pictures.
      Those old kits are VERY heavy. I would guess close to 300-400 lbs complete. You may be better off starting from scratch with some Kooks or equivalent headers and ordering up some new technology Twins.

Jason
      '04 IS300 VVTi GTE swap GT35R etc (dead tranny - looking for LS swap)
      '63 Street Fighter Nova(Sold)
      '06 Magnum SRT8 KIA 10-25-13

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com