Country Flag: United States

Dyno testing

2575hp at 7500..........
      Thing sounds cool.
      Not Pro touring engine....

Kurt
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Ummm.... Kurt, where's the engine? I feel like I'm looking at a complex cooling machine or something.
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

Quote Originally Posted by zbugger
      Ummm.... Kurt, where's the engine? I feel like I'm looking at a complex cooling machine or something.

LOL.. I was thinking the same thing..

:ME: Mmmm , Nice Turbos!! Nice Headers and plumbing.!! mmmm but wheres the motor....lol..

Nice #'s.. where could I dig up some more info on the motor and what its going in.. (sorry Im a new guy here)
      92 Vert | 383 LT1 | Ported heads | Callies dragon slayer crank & rods | JE Pistons | Novi 2000 supercharger | SLP Headers | spohon suspension |TH400 | 9bolt with 3.45's.

It is hard to see the engine from all the surrounding parts. It is a big load of piping everywhere.
      It is a bb chevy drag car engine. It was using a new 16 inj drive Big Stuff 3 box. We were trying the new 16 drive on the dyno.

Kurt

Where is the FLUX CAPACITOR!! :icon996:

Quote Originally Posted by 427
      It is hard to see the engine from all the surrounding parts. It is a big load of piping everywhere.
      It is a bb chevy drag car engine. It was using a new 16 inj drive Big Stuff 3 box. We were trying the new 16 drive on the dyno.

Kurt

Kurt,

I have the Big Stuff 3 for my twin turbo. I'm used to FAST and have tuned the Gen VII also. How would you rate the BS3 to those other two? I know the resolution and speed differences, but what about tuning-wise? I know my way around EFI but I'm not YOU!!!!!!!

Jody

If you want to go fast, 2500hp should about do it. That's an incredible setup, for sure. I get lost in all the plumbing.

What's it going into? Any idea what class the car will run in?
      Last edited by Ralph LoGrasso; 02-06-2005 at 12:31 AM.

The BS3 is really quite easy to tune. It will take a little getting used to like anything new. You will like its ability's.

The car is going to run in NHRA Pro Mod. We are just starting some cam and inj testing. He has a couple different pairs of turbo's to try also. The dyno is not very happy about this engine! It lets me see a big puff of steam at the end of each run.

The new feature of the BS3 is you can run one set of inj until a programed duty cycle is met then bring the other set in "staged". The thing that will be cool is to set up with 2 different pound per hour inj on a street car with multiple tanks and fuel systems. My 70 chevy station wagon has the stock fuel tank that will be plumbed with a single walbro pump to a set of 8 (1 in each port) 24lbs inj, this tank will have pump premium. Then in the 9 passenger well it has a 25 gallon cell that will have 2 walbro pumps plumbed to a set of 8 60 lbs hour inj, this tank will hold c-16 fuel. Now when my engine is under 400hp i will be driving on pump gas with the 24's, when it exceeds 80% duty cycle the 60's will start injecting c-16 so my safe boost level should be in the 20+ psi range. The 25 gallon cell should last me multiple weeks of street driving even with some hard driving. This system will make a 1000-1200hp street car capable of driving across country on pump gas with full throttle available at anytime.

Kurt

Thanks Kurt. That's a great way of having the high octane for high boost without having to specifically run on race gas at all times. Unfortunately you now have the gears spinning in my head! That'll be a future project I think!

Jody

Kurt, you're sick..... I think I'm in love.....
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

Is that Mike Moran or Annette Summers motor?

Its a GUY thing....

Kurt

Kurt I didn't know you were a plumber
      Brad

I think he will see the fives.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com