Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Show off your 1st gen camaro Roll bars!

Im looking for ideas on a cage for my 68 camaro. It will have full interior. Looking for a show n go kinda thing. Would prefer to see ones that come up to the front either a down bar on the side of the seas or the ones that come down and around the A pillars to the floor.

thanks guys

John S.

68 "Bloodline" Camaro in assembly...

Speedtech Sub, Alston G-Billet/Fab 9 rear, Ridetech coil overs, Moser axles, Fesler 19's, Lots of Anvil parts,Twin tubo LS3/T56, Carbon fiber manifold, and the list goes on and on..........

Nobody has cages on here?
      John S.

Speedtech Sub, Alston G-Billet/Fab 9 rear, Ridetech coil overs, Moser axles, Fesler 19's, Lots of Anvil parts,Twin tubo LS3/T56, Carbon fiber manifold, and the list goes on and on..........

The only two that I know of are James with the One Lap Camaro (he has pictures in the 'Project Update' section)... and I am in the process of my own.

Both of our efforts require the dash being cut out, the tubes installed and then the dash being put back in to get the A pillar down tubes in the correct position. James has the only pictures that I am aware of...

Nothing really special about the front section of my cage, but the rear section I did so I could keep the rear seat in it. We made a halo bar from the B-pillar back around the rear package tray. The rear supports that go in to the trunk are angled forward so that trunk space wasn't affected much. It wouldn't pass NHRA tech because of that, but the tech inspector who happened to be there the day we put it in was pretty impressed with the rest of it. He said if I ever decided to run it I could install some bars in the trunk that go towards the backa nd it should be good to go. I hadn't put the rear window in it yet after I painted it so it was easier to get to the rear joints to weld and paint. I do have a crossbar for the B-pillar, but I haven't installed it yet.

Michael
      1969 Camaro
      CamaroHeaven.org
      fQuick Garage: http://www.fquick.com/Overkill

mine has removable door bars

The door bars tie into the subframe from the toe kick. The cross bar is welded in as well as the supports from the cross bar to the subframe connectors.

My bar has added safety as well as stiffness to the car. If I were to track my car hard I would add to what I have now...

68 Firebird, full race cage though.

Quote Originally Posted by ho428
      68 Firebird, full race cage though.
      was this built by a shop?

jason
      Bringing innovation into the industry one build at a time!

I had a shop build it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Payton King
      The door bars tie into the subframe from the toe kick. The cross bar is welded in as well as the supports from the cross bar to the subframe connectors.

My bar has added safety as well as stiffness to the car. If I were to track my car hard I would add to what I have now...
      Custom made or one I can go buy somewhere?
      John S.

Quote Originally Posted by John510
      Custom made or one I can go buy somewhere?
      you can drive up to sacramento and get one from chris alston chassisworks.
      i just picked up a 14 point with swingout side bar and it came out to $360 with tax.

Ho428,

Have you thought about adding a bar connecting your a-pillar bars? It looks like it would have to run in front of the dash. You really do need something there though.

Kevin

Not sure what you mean, I have a bar running across inside the dash. 2nd pic.

mine is part

kit and part custom. I started off with the DSE 4 point kit and added to it. The cross bar was welded solid instead of making it removable. We triangulated the bar from the DSE subframe connectors to the junction of the main hoop and cross bar. A plate was made on the toe kick and then connected to the front subframe for the door bars.

If you would like to see more I will see if I can dig up some construction pics.

...Shouldn't the seat mount be attached to the cage instead of the floor? ...or maybe I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by tiek1011
      ...Shouldn't the seat mount be attached to the cage instead of the floor? ...or maybe I missed something.

yes.
      Bringing innovation into the industry one build at a time!

here's a 4 point in my 69. it has a removeable cross bar. the side bars are tucked up high enough that if the cross bar is out, its no problem for passengers...

Jeff J. aka JJ

1969 Camaro
      1952 Chevy Truck

wir müssen Leben bis wir Sterben...

gjj13 thats a good looking setup where is that from??
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

thanks, a local chassis builder here built it for me. it cost a little more having a custom one done, but atleast this way, i could get it like i wanted.
      Jeff J. aka JJ

1969 Camaro
      1952 Chevy Truck

wir müssen Leben bis wir Sterben...

heres a kit i offer, this is it installed in volt68 car, i also have one in my test car, come see it at goodguys nashville/columbus, and run thru the hills

Last edited by hotrdblder; 05-24-2008 at 08:17 PM.

that ones awesome! How much jake?
      John S.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com