Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Is there a difference in 68 to 69 camaro seats?

I have a set of 69 camaro seats that I recieved when I bought my 68 camaro. there are certain aspects that I want to be correct with the 68 interior and the seats are one of them.

Does anyone know if the 69 camaro seats are the same as the 68 seats but with the head rest added? If thats the case, I would like to just remove the headrest, and recover the seats with the 68 style cover. Or, do I need to get a set of 68 seats and dump the 69 ones?

thanks,

2005 CBR 1000RR..."mostly stock".
      1968 camaro... "in the works".

Not sure if they are different or not BUT , if you need a set of 68 seats , I have a set of Black standard one in good shape .

If yours are decent as well , A trade would be possible .
      I have 3 69s.

I'll compare the 68 to 69 and see.
      The Voices in my head tell me i need more cars

Country Flag: United States
      The 69 seats will work for you. I have a 68 and started out with a pair of 69 buckets. I just removed all the headrests and internals, replaced with 68 deluxe foam and covers. Everthing worked out great. Hope this helps. Jeff

Thanks jwcarguy. thats good to know. I will probably go that route.

63sw, the ones I have are in rough shape. The only things that is good on them are the frames and the rear plastic cover and so are the headrest....."figures, I'm not using em". they are going to need new vinyl and foams. The tracks are in good shape too.

If this is something your interested in, let me know. At the very least, I will more than likely be getting rid of the headrest.
      2005 CBR 1000RR..."mostly stock".
      1968 camaro... "in the works".

The seat frames are always going to be the same on the first gens, the foam is going to be the same with standard, you will have to change if going to deluxe. or just pick up a set of 68 seats and sell yours. I've gone both routes, I found a 67 deluxe set fresh recovered, and sold mine almost cost me nothing and was a great upgrade.

I thought some 68's had short headrests.

yes some 1968 camaros had headrest in them, that was RPO AS2 offered on all front seat styles for the same cost of $52.70. With only 2,234 cars so equipped, this is considered a very rare option if you have 1968 headrest keep and recover if there 1969's there different and they do repop those 69 ones, chuckem

Thanks for the link Rodney. I always wondered about the differences in my 67 headrest compared to 68 & 69.
      RagRat

Chris Costa

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com