Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice build, did you go with corvette accessory drive kit and KWIK performance A/C brackets or a different set up?
      72 Camaro RS:SOLD
      68 Camaro:
      LS6 Engine,Tremec TKO 600,5 Speed
      Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

We are finally starting to make some great progress on the car! The cooling, engine, transmission, chrome and Vintage Air are now installed.

We painted a 2010 Camaro engine cover to match the car. Not sure if I like it!

The wheels / tires pictured below are not the final wheels.

Now the fun part - I will start installing the ISIS wiring!

Project 69 Camaro: Chassisworks G-Bar, FAB-9 & sub-frame, Fesler Billet, ISIS wiring & LS3!

More pictures: http://camaro69vn10.com Updated!

Used to be known as Camaro69vn10

As far as engine covers go, that one looks pretty good. I guess I am a "purist" but I think an LS series engine looks awesome without the cover.
      Stephen

How about a 12 year update to this build thread? I bought the car from Mark over 3 years ago. It was "finished" but hadn't really been driven much and had sat a bunch. My plan was to make a few changes to make it "mine" and drive the heck out of it. What drew me to the car was the fact it is cosmetically is a clone to my real matching numbers 69 RSZ and the quality of the build and components.

First change needed was the auto had to go and was replaced with a T56 Super Magnum 6 speed from Chevrolet Performance. At the same time several other items popped up that needed attention either to failure from sitting, old technology or improper installation. The list is long but included: new radiator (leaked), new master cylinder (leaked), custom CAI (too high of intake temps), Holley Terminator X ECU (old technology ECU), reroute throttle cable (would stick wide open on occasion), new headers (insufficient ground clearance), new mufflers (inside resonance), rebuild of rear coilovers (one leaky shock), new sway bar (cracked due to improper modification), new e-brake cables (cut too short to function properly), new fuel sending unit (old tech, inaccurate), new power window kit (generic poorly functioning system), new wheels (improper backspacing, rubbed), new tires (road noise and rode like it was on wagon wheels) and a few other items fixed or replaced/repaired or changed due to preference.

The car is reliable and a pleasure to drive now. We drive it often and have put over 6,000 miles on it mostly in the last 18 months.Name:  IMG_5051.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  462.6 KBName:  IMG_4695.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  365.9 KBName:  IMG_5045.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  496.9 KBName:  IMG_5219.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  605.9 KBName:  IMG_5218.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  755.2 KB

Very nice, inside and out. Is that a Fezler console? If so did you go metal or Fiberglass?

Quote Originally Posted by srode View Post
      Very nice, inside and out. Is that a Fezler console? If so did you go metal or Fiberglass?
      It looks very much like a Fesler console but it was custom made.

VERY nice!
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

Very sweet looking progress. The best part was post #1, I had a plan ......

I'm there right now. I keep telling myself don't go to far. It's just a driver.....
      My last two projects happened just like that. Just a new paint job and then *poof* blown apart and everything isn't good enough to go with that.

This time I bought a driver. Yet, I've owned the car 3-4 months and just about everything under it is new.
      So far 1 mini-project at a time bringing it back to driving it each time.

Very nice! Glad your getting to enjoy it!

DMC69-69ss350

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com