Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

New Product - DSE 2nd Generation Camaro / Firebird Roll Cage Kit

Detroit Speed and Engineering announces its 2nd Generation Camaro/Firebird DSE Roll Cage Kit. The exclusive design follows interior lines of the car, does not interfere with interior comfort, and packages close to the headliner and back window glass. The bars are pre-notched to save you time. The rocker panel floorplates and trunk floorplates for mini-tubbed or stock trunks are pre-bent to decrease overall installation time, as well. This roll cage will provide additional safety along with increasing chassis strength. The unique removable cross-bar allows you to use the back seat for rear passengers, if necessary. The cross-bar has CNC machined stainless steel clevis and stainless steel quick-pins. The roll cage is 1-5/8" x .134" mild steel tubing while the removable cross-bar to access the back seat is 1-5/8" x .120" mild steel tubing.

The roll cage requires welding and does not fit convertibles. You can purchase the roll cage through DSE for $650.00

For more information, contact Detroit Speed and Engineering, Inc. at 704-662-3272 or on their website at www.detroitspeed.com.

Last edited by Larry Callahan; 02-03-2008 at 10:19 AM.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

I saw this cage yesterday at DSE in their new 2nd gen Test Car. Looks awesome and fits like you would expect a DSE product to fit.

Dear DSE,

Please make this for Chevelles.

That is all.
      Eric
      '72 Full Ride Chevelle: LS7 power, Optima juice

They have really nice stuff but wow did you see the price tag on some of thier stuff ... damm

The price reflects quality and design engineering costs. Of course their are always low quality and low price parts!

id be all over this if I knew how to weld..itd probally cost me a fortune to have someone put that in around here...everyone around wants like $120 an hour . =9
      1969 Chevelle
      www.creationsultd.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Adams
      The price reflects quality and design engineering costs. Of course their are always low quality and low price parts!
      no question about quality here ... just out of my league

Does that bar that goes across the backseat get released if you wanted to? If so , thats pretty cool to beable to take it on and off.
      1969 Chevelle
      www.creationsultd.com

Quote Originally Posted by dstryr
      Does that bar that goes across the backseat get released if you wanted to? If so , thats pretty cool to beable to take it on and off.
      Looks like a quick release. I tried to find this item on DSE website with no luck.

Bar... roll bar. Cage is multipoint.

And $650 is a deal for what you are getting.

Very Nice! I received installation instructions which I found extremely confusing. Any chance including more pictures and parts description?
      Also who did the upholstery on the rear seat?

Country Flag: Canada
      I'm not pleased until I see one for the 70-72 Chevelle.
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com