Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

My 72 Chevelle slowly getting a new life

Heres the scoop on my car so far. I'm doing as much as my money will allow me so it wont be overkill right now its more realistic parts that I can afford. 16 years old, not a bad first car. Long story short on how I got the car. My grandpa passed away from cancer and left me his 72 Chevelle in his will.

Engine:
      350 for now
      2 brl carb
      Blue Racer cam with custom cut. (not insane, my original cam was pooched so I had to get one in for the summer)
      True Double roller

Soon to have the following.
      Performer RPM intake (maybe airgap)
      Havn't decided on carb. Most likely a performer
      new heads depending on what I can find

Future: This is the fun part.

LT1 383cubes. All forged internals. Forced Induction specific head porting.
      Single turbo
      Planning on a reliable 4-600horsepower for daily driving. Who knows on the weekend.

Tranny:
      TH-350

Future:
      Either a T56 or TKO-600

Suspension:
      Stock right now.

Soon to have;
      Complete Hotchkis suspension set-up
      boxed lowers, adjustable uppers
      thick sway bars
      Koni shocks
      Energy Suspension Technology poly bushings all around

Brakes:

Front; Baer Brakes Sport kit. 12 inch rotors X-drilled, slotted, Zinc washed, 2 piston calipers up front.
      Rear; Baer Brakes Touring kit. 12 inch rotors X-drilled, slotted, Zinc washed, Single piston calipers out back.

Interior:

I'll get to it some other time

Exterior:

As of now, the headlight bezels have been stripped of black paint, Shiny like 71's but the trim on the outside follows the grill where 71's do not. I also have 71 park light bezels and lenses. I can't believe the look of the 72's.

Wheels/Tires:

Wheels; 16 inch ZQ8 front and back

Tires; Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 255/50/16 on all corners.

Exhaust:

Havn't decided if I want the rumble of 3 inch or the back pressure of 2 1/2?

Pic of the ZQ8 rim sitting on the front hub.

BAER brakes when I got them. Please ignore the bra in the background

My first set of rims were damaged at the border(I'm in Canada) so I had to wait something like 4 weeks for a new set. 2 weeks of it I was on Vacation so I didn't care. The rest....I was straight p'd off.

Looks like I need another post now.

-Matt
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

Country Flag: Canada
      Heres a pic of the new ZQ8's with the brakes behind them. I was hoping that the rim wouldn't hide the brakes. With my luck I was suprised that the brakes look good behind them.

Original thrush headers that have never been used. Not the best but again, I could care less. This isn't the engine I'm going to run so little money will be spent here.

I will have a few more pics up soon!

-Matt
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

Looks like you have a nice solid chevelle and a good start on the pro-touring project!

Very Nice

Look Like A Great Car To Start With. I Sure Your Grampa Is Watching You With A Smile On His Face.
      Barry

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com