Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser
      It draws air to the vent system in that goes into the car, in a 67, 68 and 69 with kick panel vents this is where the air flow comes from, the cowl panel vents. An A/C car has kick panel vents that are covered. The air also flushes water and debris out to a certain extent. With the deletes you will still draw air from in rear of it and the windshield area since it's not closed off or sealed in this area. I suppose you could seal this new piece with a foam type seal or weatherstrip from the core support area of an A/C car to keep air and water out.

The big plus to the delete to me is it covers and area that needs covering anyway really smooths the line from the hood to windshield giving a very cool old Camaro a modern look. Most people will never notice it if it painted body color IMHO.

Joe
      That's right, Joe. Even a lot of new cars have vents at the base of the windshield because air builds up in that area at speed and is pushed into the vents which lead into the car for ventilation. This way you can get fresh air into the car with the windows shut 9like when it's cold or rainy). If you are building a race car or show car, you might not be concerned about this as you will most likely have the windows down when you drive the car. With the windows shut the pressure built up inside the car from these vents is releases through the door jamb vents.

MaTT
      ANVil

Quote Originally Posted by powerjames
      That stuff looks awesome. What kind of prep is required?

All of the parts we have right now are bolt on and have a UV clear coat so they can be left with the carbon fiber look or can be lightly scuff sanded and painted as you would a fiberglass part.

MaTT
      AVNil

Quote Originally Posted by TonyHuntimerRaceHome
      Matt,

That's some great looking stuff!

Tony Huntimer
      Tony,

I got your book for Christmas and have spent more time with it than any other gift I recieved. Thanks for the compliment and thanks even more for writing your book. It really helps to define the Pro-touring movement and hopefully will inspire it's growth!

MaTT
      ANVil

Thank you very much Matt that makes for a nice print out for me and hopefully others. Looking forward to placing an order with you.

wow... it wouls seem to me that a set of CF front fenders (perhaps some that actually fit) was a sure seller...

No First Gen Firebird stuff?

Ditto on the Firebird stuff. I'd buy a 400 hood if it was available.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by hotwheels
      Tony,

I got your book for Christmas and have spent more time with it than any other gift I recieved. Thanks for the compliment and thanks even more for writing your book. It really helps to define the Pro-touring movement and hopefully will inspire it's growth!

MaTT
      ANVil
      Thanks Matt! It's nice to know somebody likes the book. If you had these great products when I wrote the book I would have written about them. Keep up the good work.

Tony Huntimer
      RaceHome.com
      @Camaro.Family Camaros
      1967 #QuickChangeCamaro - SpeedTech Suspension LS1/T56
      1967 #CFBee - SpeedTech Suspension SuperCharged LS3/T56
      1969 #TaxReturnCamaro Art Morrison Suspension 496/T56
      1986 #IROCdaily - Stock IROC

My wallet hopes no 1st gen FB parts come out.......I've checked the Anvil website once every few weeks for any sign.

Soon, Please
      1967 Firebird 400 4 speed
      4 wheel c5zo6 brakes + hydroboost
      18"sterns wrapped in RE-11's

Firebird

OK, F-bird guys, I got the message, lol.

What would be your preference on a hood, 400, standard, T/A? How about a custom designed hood that you can't get in steel of fiberglass? Do you need more hood clearance than stock, air scoops, air extractors? Let me know, I would like to get your input!
      Thanks!

MaTT
      ANVil

OK, F-bird guys, I got the message, lol.

What would be your preference on a hood, 400, standard, T/A? How about a custom designed hood that you can't get in steel of fiberglass? Do you need more hood clearance than stock, air scoops, air extractors? Let me know, I would like to get your input!
      Thanks!

MaTT
      ANVil
      Okay Matt,

You finally tell the Firebird guys to give some input and now all we hear is crickets chirping.

Tony Huntimer
      RaceHome.com
      @Camaro.Family Camaros
      1967 #QuickChangeCamaro - SpeedTech Suspension LS1/T56
      1967 #CFBee - SpeedTech Suspension SuperCharged LS3/T56
      1969 #TaxReturnCamaro Art Morrison Suspension 496/T56
      1986 #IROCdaily - Stock IROC

400 hood and T/A hood, if 1 is all you can swing right now I suggest a T/A hood that is functional. Oh, and a front valence pan, cowl panel, front and rear bumpers, and on and on and.........

Quote Originally Posted by OHCbird
      Ditto on the Firebird stuff. I'd buy a 400 hood if it was available.
      DAMM right!! a frond bumper to........ps a WORKING RAM AIR 400 HOOD like the origenal so that we can use the ram air system

I had Emailed Matt last week!

I emailed Matt last week before I saw the firebird come up in the post. I also said a 400 hood with working RA openings. Also maybe a CF shell for my hood Tach. The trunk lid and rear deck lid spoiler will work already. But maybe a T/A rear spoiler too. For those who may not know you can get a CF valley pan and Valve covers from BOP Engineering for the Pontiac engines. Awsome products Matt!!
      69 Pontiac Firebird Convertible 400

Firebird parts

Now we're gettin' some action!
      Hey Roadrage, looks like a real nice 'Bird you're buildin'!
      Got more pics?
      I restored a real '69 T/A a decade a nd a half ago, so I'm sort of partial to the T/A hood myself. Plus, it seems like a more funtional system for a true ram air effect since the scoops are larger and positioned at the front of the hood. The scoops on the 400 hood are too far back on the hood to really grab the air going over the hood. Still a nice looking hood though! As far as making the T/A hood functional, it will need the tunnels, but maybe there is a way of incorporating them into the bottom skin (I have to think of cost). I think either of those hoods would look killer in cf, but at this point, I can only make one. If there seems like a big enough market, I will make another style, but what about something totally different, but still Pontiac? Like, a first gen F-bird hood with early second gen Formula scoops? Sort of a hybrid. How many guys want more hood clearance? When we make a Firebird hood we will need to make the cowl panel. Should we go vent delete (smooth)?
      Now's the time to speak up Pontiac torch bearers!

MaTT
      ANVil

Quote Originally Posted by 69injun
      I emailed Matt last week before I saw the firebird come up in the post. I also said a 400 hood with working RA openings. Also maybe a CF shell for my hood Tach. The trunk lid and rear deck lid spoiler will work already. But maybe a T/A rear spoiler too. For those who may not know you can get a CF valley pan and Valve covers from BOP Engineering for the Pontiac engines. Awsome products Matt!!
      The hood tach is interesting, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
      Anybody else interested?
      MaTT
      ANVil

Another plug for the functional TA style hood. Inner fenders would be nice too! Losing weight off the front end would be great.
      1969 Firebird convertible M4 (project)

Manual steering, drum brakes, top and windows.
      Pontiac 350 7.6:1 compression ratio w/ 2.56s out back! 0-60 in under 5 minutes

Metallic brown w/ an eagle airbrushed on the hood! Worse yet the original color was red...

Now we're gettin' some action!
      Hey Roadrage, looks like a real nice 'Bird you're buildin'!
      Got more pics?
      I restored a real '69 T/A a decade a nd a half ago, so I'm sort of partial to the T/A hood myself. Plus, it seems like a more funtional system for a true ram air effect since the scoops are larger and positioned at the front of the hood. The scoops on the 400 hood are too far back on the hood to really grab the air going over the hood. Still a nice looking hood though! As far as making the T/A hood functional, it will need the tunnels, but maybe there is a way of incorporating them into the bottom skin (I have to think of cost). I think either of those hoods would look killer in cf, but at this point, I can only make one. If there seems like a big enough market, I will make another style, but what about something totally different, but still Pontiac? Like, a first gen F-bird hood with early second gen Formula scoops? Sort of a hybrid. How many guys want more hood clearance? When we make a Firebird hood we will need to make the cowl panel. Should we go vent delete (smooth)?
      Now's the time to speak up Pontiac torch bearers!

MaTT
      ANVil
      Matt personaly i prefeur the 400 hood. the scoops are not a problem at all the engine will SUCKS the colder outside air in annyway , and when driving around with high speed there is plenty air coming in!!!! lots of guys think and actualy say the same what you say , but it works!!!!!!.. if you whant to make another stile hood with more clearens as another option that looks diferend and new, then take a look at drew helm s killer custom hood . he used a standerd 68 hood and aded a 427 corvette stingray scoop on it . itb looks like a piece that the factory should have made .. it wil fit 67 to 69. with this hood they can use the performer rpm and the victoor manifolds, and are not limited to the Torker II . so real high end out put is posible.il stick to the 600 NA hp TorkerII tho lol, but a CF copy as a race spear would not heurd my garage..........

I vote for the 400 hood if you're only gonna do one. I think the T/A hood has a more limited market.
      I've opened up my 400 hood scoops as well but I'll have to make the pans to make it work with the dual quads though.

I'd like a hood for the race car as well. If you make a blem or two I'd be interested in one of those for it since I'd paint it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Widetracker
      Another plug for the functional TA style hood. Inner fenders would be nice too! Losing weight off the front end would be great.
      Anyone know off hand if '69 Camaros and Firebirds share the same inner fenders? I've worked on both, but never at the same time to compare them. I know they ar at least very similar.

MaTT
      ANVil

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com