Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Finally got acses again! pictures of prodject "full metal jacket(aka "the big green")

Hi there sins the new board i was unable to log in it took me several requests and finnaly Larry came to the resque like to say hello to my international frinds and my Dutch buddys , here are some pict updates off my 68 Bird project "Full metal Jacket" ..Roadrage David

Country Flag: United States
      Hey Welcome back David, project looks good. What dat poncho pull on the dyno?
      I like the job on the rear shock mounts by the way,looks nicer than the big box.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Thanks MR-quik im happy to be back, the poncho made 575hp/577lbsfeet of torque its a 70,s engine 462 eagle stroker kit 10.01com mildly toutchst heads(clean up work) with chevvy big blok size valves. comp cam XE284 torque hit from 2800 to 4400. it ran out of air at 5800 altho at 6000rpm it still made 500 hp. a bigger carb would made it make more power(it hase holy AED 850ho) it needs a 950 AED ho carb . But right now we dont see the signifecens of it lolol.engine was built by Jim Lehartd from Central Verginia Mashine Sirves. about the shock mounts yes it looks nicer(took that from mercedes lolol). altho i did order the compleat mini tub kit from"DSE" it was disided not to interfear with the tention and natural stresses of the body work . i got manny manny goodies that have to be used in the build up proses ,withs i ofcours will post.its been very frustrating reading all the stuff on this board but not beeing able to partisiopate. it felt like a kit in frond of a candy store window. forgive my spelling im dutch and the spell chek didnt work!!!! ps LOVE that red GTO on your site got a 69 myself for the neckst project!! big plans for that one as wel..........
      Last edited by Roadrage David; 01-20-2005 at 12:31 AM. Reason: ps

Country Flag: Netherlands
      well...your spelling in Dutch is similar David

just kidding...Welcome back here....and when will it finally be finished....?????
      The whole Dutch US car commmunity is waiting for it since you've been bragging for it soooo long LOL

see you again soon,
      Martin
      1st 2nd
      Pro-Touring outside the USA !
      Martin's Camaro Page

hahahahah hello Martin!!! about spelling people get used to it i gues, about the project being finished wel just saw some new gadgets en ther is always new stuf coming along lololol

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Roadrage David
      .......... forgive my spelling im dutch and the spell chek didnt work!!!!..........
      Not a problem. Your english is far better than my Dutch lol.
      Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

Cool Pics!

Do you have a picture of the whole vehicle?

car pic

Piet you got a Dutch name!!! here is a picture before we started the project. by the way the roll cage is full dismanteble but when put in its just as strong and stif as welded

Quote Originally Posted by Kenova
      Not a problem. Your english is far better than my Dutch lol.
      Ken
      Ken 9 times out of ten people will get on to you like flies on s,,t . im my case its cald dislectic . anyway proves your "one" of the 10 , who hase the intelegens and sens not to judge !!!

Yes!!!
      I am so glad to see another pure pontiac car...
      Nothing against chevy motors...But they don't belong in Pontiac's!

Quote Originally Posted by 1976SR71
      Yes!!!
      I am so glad to see another pure pontiac car...
      Nothing against chevy motors...But they don't belong in Pontiac's!
      You sure got that one right!!! , the poncho engine was/is a intermidiate engine inbetween chevy big and small block with size and weight, with alu heads manifold its about the same weight as a chevy small block,BUT with schevy big block "performance" .ther is no dinying about the chevy big block being the best big block ever made fore the strip(till resendly) however the street belongs to the injun engine!!!

Hey David,
      What intake are you running...Is it a torker 1 or 2?...I am glad to see those #'s...That is almost the exact set up I will have...If I stay naturally aspirated...Mine is still in pieces though.
      Jeff,
      1974 Formula 400
      1976 Trans Am SR71 Blackbird
      2000 WS6 Trans Am M6

David,

Great Pics!... I love seeing Muscle cars in Europe... they really stand out.

FYI: My Father is from Haarlem, and my Mother from Amsterdam.... I am a 1st Gen Canadian.

-Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 1976SR71
      Hey David,
      What intake are you running...Is it a torker 1 or 2?...I am glad to see those #'s...That is almost the exact set up I will have...If I stay naturally aspirated...Mine is still in pieces though.
      Jeff its a Torker II manifold .got the bowtie overdrive level III tr2004r trans behind it and a moser 12 bold 3.42:1 ratio. with this nrs of performance you dont need turbo,s superchargers ecetera(all overkill) because your not able to put that on the road anyway. dont get me wrong i think that stuff looks AWESOME, but i rather stick my money in the rest of the car, i belive a 850/1000 hp turbo car would not go any faster on the street then a natural espired 575 hp car . and the way i look at it is that the pro touring g mashines camaro,s and firebirds should be a ecstention from the origenal Trans am raceing series cars in the first place .but thats for every man to disied . ps for some rezen the spell check refuses to help me out!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Piet
      David,

Great Pics!... I love seen Muscle cars in Europe... they really stand out.

FYI: My Father is from Haarlem, and my Mother from Amsterdam.... I am a 1st Gen Canadian.

-Cheers
      Piet my whife and her famely come from Haarlem . ask your Dad who "Piet Hein" is lolol he is from my home touwn . another coinsedens is that the man who is welding the speed tech a arms(canada) is from Dutch parends as well lololol . as for muscle cars overhere they are more freakwend last couple of years whe do have meetings from only 25 cars upto 2500 . i got a 69 pontiac GTO as wel witch wil be my neckst prodject ...

update picture

we alredy powdercoated the subframe the moser 12 bold axel, and ofcours the swaybars came coated as did the tubular arms , but now the body hase been sandblasted en the bottom(underneath) hase been coated as wel

2 more pictures are aded of the body being coated and the ofisial color is pre sprayd on sirtin parts of the car

are those the vintage wheels works V45's?

Yes James d they are they are stronger then TT 2 rims plus i liked the more raw agresif look of them. i got 17x8 with 4,75 backsp on the frond with 255/40 tires, and 17x11 with 7 inch backspaceing for the back with 315/35 tires ......

dave

is the rearend stock width?? or did you narrow it to run the 17x11's??
      jake

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com