Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Disgruntled Former Employee

I would just like to throw some more dirt on the Unique Performance image because I recently learned that we probably will never see the money that they held from our paychecks for the 401k or child support. The majority of those cars had the heavy metal fabrication work done at a Texas prison for free by people who didn't know what they were doing. That's a good reason why the cars had so many problems with fit and finish and why so much bondo was used in making these cars. Just another under the table way of doing business and screwing people. Nothing against the prisoners who were doing the work but obviously they only had an idea of what they were doing. This should encourage everybody to use people that do side jobs instead of these fat *******s overcharging everybody out of their money. The formere employees only received unemployment for 2-3 weeks before it was terminated due to a technicality in the paperwork Unique Performance filed. There were some talented people that worked there and are still out of work. Support the little guys!

we fell for hiring some fresh releases from prison. That state subsidized them..started off they worked for free and then it scaled back until after 6 months it was about 25% subsidy and after a year they quit the subsidy. Almost without exception, they were filing workmans comp claims, and giving us all kinds of problems. never again...even with all the subsidy they weren't worth it. We retained none of them..Took 3 years to get our workmans comp rates back down. There is a reason they were in prison..Most of them get more streetwise during their stay there..Like going to school to learn the tools of the trade..come out worse than when they went in..need to send them to Arizona and get them in the prison there in Marcola or wherever that bad as* warden is..need more of him and less of the mamby pamby wardens..
      Bob "cooter" Johnson

(Disclamer: Any and all "questionable" comments made by Bob Johnson, Redneck, are to be taken as good natured Good 'ol boy humor. If I offended you, please get a sense of humor...)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Johnson
      Doing this kind of work is in part a God Given Talent. Some guys can work with their hands and you can teach them very quick...some other guys want to but they just don't have the hands. Alan has landed some young Hispanic guys and they can do more work in an hour than these young American kids can in a day...even with the language barrier..Alan can communicate better with them than he can with the young American guys that are trying to emulate some Rap guy or Hip Hop thug. Their pants falling off, their hat on sideways or backwards.
      Alan and I both have tried hiring some of the kids out of trade schools...but it seems like most of these kids are ones that just didn't study and couldn't get in college and are looking for a way to make a living and they just don't have it. They think of this trade as a glorious fantasy job until they get there and have to work their arses off..Parents have spoiled their kids and they just haven't been made to do anything and most cannot do much of anything. As far as aftermarket parts go, you will have problems with a sizeable percentage of them..even if you get another free, the lost time in replacing it goes out of the builders pocket.
      I have to agree with you on this one, Bob. I was in the hiring mode several months back. one of the guys that talked the best during the interview pooped out when I handed him an application to fill out. He asked if he could bring his mother in to help him fill out his app.
      I told him no way, took the application back and said his momma wasn't go to be here to help him do his job, so forget it and showed him the door. I have spent way too many hours retraining only to find them turn sour within the first 90 days.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by theoriginator
      ...I recently learned that we probably will never see the money that they held from our paychecks for the 401k or child support. ...
      Wow, that is all tax law. Don't f with the IRS. They could very well end up in a federal-pound-me-in-the-a$$ prison.
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com