Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      CP is probably considered "tough" because while there is so much that you can do, it's awfully easy to "unexpectedly" end up there by doing just one of the reasonably common hotrod/Pro-Touring modifications. FWIW, I doubt that there's more than a handful of PT type cars built with any specific autocross class in mind, so on a local level you could probably recruit most of the CP class just from PT enthusiasts and have just as good a chance as anybody in that group. Get a gang together.

Every autocrosser was a novice/newbie once. Some of us more than once.

And it's still "seat time", tires/wheels, everything else, so don't let the fact that Prepared allows fairly extensive modification scare you away from it. When you run in the same second as the trailered entry on slicks with your street-tired PT car, you will be entitled to brag a bit. This can happen, at least locally/regionally.

Norm

'08 GT coupe, 5M, suspension unstockish (the occasional track toy)
      '19 WRX, Turbo-H4/6M (the family sedan . . . seriously)
      Gone but not forgotten dep't:
      '01 Maxima 20AE 5M, '10 LGT 6M, '95 626, V6/5M; '79 Malibu, V8/4M-5M; '87 Maxima, V6/5M; '72 Pinto, I4/4M; '64 Dodge V8/3A

i joined and enter in scca every spring summer and fall. I use it for seat time. You get a good varity of course layouts and speeds challanges.

its funny how i'll track my performance in scca events: ill use a % of time off the leader. if im competing against cars of my vintage, i'll use the actual time difference from the leader. Local SCCA clubs love to see our vintage cars run. its well worth the price to join and compete.
      joe c

class help another newb

Autocross, 68 camaro, need help with class also, 68 rs, 350 x .030, not origional engine to car, but is a 1970 chevy block, 1964 model corvette fuelie heads, comp cam hydrolic roller, T56 with hyd. clutch, guildstrad relocation on upper A arms, guilstrad springs, c-5 brakes, tires 285 rear, no subframe connectors right now, I think that puts me in SM street modified, Is this correct or are there other things to consiter Like are 285 tire too wide for SM? 2nd Question: If I was to put smaller tire on rear like 275, would that alow me to run in STU ?

The Guldstrand mod is a relocation of suspension pivot points. Go directly to CP.

If it makes you feel any better, the index for CP is lower than the index for SM (which does not allow pivot point relocation), so you'll actually PAX better in CP. Never mind that in CP your direct competition will be cars that are much closer to yours.

Norm
      '08 GT coupe, 5M, suspension unstockish (the occasional track toy)
      '19 WRX, Turbo-H4/6M (the family sedan . . . seriously)
      Gone but not forgotten dep't:
      '01 Maxima 20AE 5M, '10 LGT 6M, '95 626, V6/5M; '79 Malibu, V8/4M-5M; '87 Maxima, V6/5M; '72 Pinto, I4/4M; '64 Dodge V8/3A

Yes SM is stock frame suspension attachment points,So I've heard that would make some Leafspring to 4-link kits legal in SM if the forward leafspring mount is used and unmodified for lower control arm to 4-link.A coilover shock then mounted to the stock shock mount in frame.Maybe if you could sandwich that mounting spot with steal casing that is held in place by the shock bolt.It might be stong enough and legal in SM.Anyone think it's legal? STX,Street Prepared and SM are allowed additional pieces to stock be added and welded to support a rear live axle..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com