Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

3 point over the shoulder and lap betls with retractor (from old site)

Larry Callahan
      Administrator
      (9/9/02 4:31 pm)
      3 point over the shoulder and lap betls with retractor
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      There used to be an ad in the back of car mags for a company that makes seat belts to fit my 68 Camaro.

It looks just like the new style 3 point over the shoulder combination lap belt with a retractor.

Anybody see these or use them? I can't find the ad any longer.

Thanks in advance!

Larry Callahan.

Creator of Pro-Touring.com & G-Machines.com the web sites.

Please support our site. If you purchase parts or services found here please tell them where you found them.

Edited by: Larry Callahan at: 9/9/02 3:50:49 pm

parsonsj
      (9/9/02 7:27 pm)
      Reply Juliano's has something, I think
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Larry,

Check out Juliano's. ( www.julianos.com ). They sell 3 point seat belts with retracters for street rods. Maybe they can fix you up with something.

John Parsons

BillB
      (9/9/02 10:01 pm)
      Reply retracting seatbelt/shoulder belt
      There was an ad not too long ago (maybe 1-1/2 years ago) from a company that I think was called Pony Car Concepts (or maybe just Pony Concepts) that was manufacturing a belt setup like that for early F-Bodies. I actually called and asked about them. The company originally made them for Mustangs and then started making them for the F-bods. I'm trying to find a magazine that has the ad, but so far I'm not having any luck. If I find anymore info, I'll post it here.

Bill B.

Jasons68
      (9/10/02 5:18 am)
      Reply belts
      I think I remember reading something about Ponycar concepts in the Camaros.net forum. Try a search and you should be able to find it. If I remember correctly, there was something that didnt seem right with their set up. I am also wanting to find a way to update my front and rear seat belts. Were there any cars that had seat belts fixed to the seat?

jon sikora
      (9/10/02 9:13 am)
      Reply belts
      pony car concepts;714-639-4457.jason don't attach belt to the seat.they need to be attached to a structural member.not putting in a 5-point larry?the simpson cam lock lets you just run the lap belt or lap and one shoulder on the street.anyone running full harness make sure you can reach your key,or install a kill switch in your console or something.throttles have stuck open before.

BillB
      (10/13/02 2:12 pm)
      Reply 3-point belts in Dec. issue of CHP...
      I found this in the December issue of CHP magazine on page 121. The first link really guides you to the second link by way of “Dealers.” The second link will also help you find your application and has the prices.

www.customaccessoriesmfg.com/

www.indemandautoparts.com/

Hope this helps!
      Bill B.

Larry Callahan
      Administrator
      (10/13/02 5:30 pm)
      Check out Andover Restraints Inc.
      Check out www.andoauto.com/seat_belts.htm

I just found them this morning.

I called a few weeks ago and talked to somebody at Pony Car Concepts. The guy who answered the phone was to send me a fax the next day. Well, a week went by before I remembered I didn't get the fax. When I called them back the number had been disconnected.

Bummer! I really liked the setup they had.

Larry Callahan.

Creator of Pro-Touring.com & G-Machines.com the web sites.

Please support our site. If you purchase parts or services found here please tell them where you found them.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com