Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by staged67gspwr
      Whats the price on these boxes?

Thanks
      George,

The kits retail for $449.00 + shipping which is really a great price, but for a limited time you can get 10% off & FREE shipping (48 states) on anything we carry. That makes it $405.10 shipped to you anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Just be sure to use the discount code PT-10 when you checkout.

Thanks for the info I appreciate it.

Is this the same as a DSE pump? or what is the difference and what is the warranty.
      Thanks, Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ahowudoin
      Is this the same as a DSE pump? or what is the difference and what is the warranty.
      Thanks, Ken
      Hey Ken, both gears are sourced from GM-Delphi and we offer a one year warranty on them from the date of purchase.

So will this work on a 92 Camaro, I would want something in the 12:1 ratio with increased "feel".

The 600 series boxes fit 1964-’95 RWD GM passenger cars, so your in luck. Take a look at the link below for the 12.7:1 box:

http://www.unisteer.com/mm5/merchant...&Category_Code=

Country Flag: United States
      I already bought mine and just finished installing it. Ill post pics soon, cant tell you how well it works yet cause i still need to put the motor back in the car. The quality looks awsome though.

Brian
      -1972 Nova
      -1968 Camaro
      -1990 Iroc Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 70TWO NOVA
      I already bought mine and just finished installing it. Ill post pics soon, cant tell you how well it works yet cause i still need to put the motor back in the car. The quality looks awsome though.
      Sounds good Brian! Send us your comment and a pic of the car, not sure if you put it on the Nova or Camaro and we'll put it on our website!

I actually put it on the Nova. Ill be sure to send you a comment and a Pic, thanks again.
      Brian
      -1972 Nova
      -1968 Camaro
      -1990 Iroc Camaro

Just one quick qustion, would this work on my 1974 Camaro?

I lost the powersteering in my car, and the pump seems to pump the fluid just fine. I'm wondering if the belt is slipping or is my grear box blown?

Quote Originally Posted by West Texas Z
      Just one quick qustion, would this work on my 1974 Camaro?

I lost the powersteering in my car, and the pump seems to pump the fluid just fine. I'm wondering if the belt is slipping or is my grear box blown?
      I just installed the 670 steering box from SC & C into my 73 Z/28. I didn't see this offer prior to ordering. The box will bolt right in without an issue. I haven't had an opportunity to drive the car yet, but I should have driving impressions soon. You will need the hybrid rag joint as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dipren443
      I just installed the 670 steering box from SC & C into my 73 Z/28. I didn't see this offer prior to ordering. The box will bolt right in without an issue. I haven't had an opportunity to drive the car yet, but I should have driving impressions soon. You will need the hybrid rag joint as well.

Thanks, will you let me know how it works after driving it for a while. I'm interested to know. Thanks again.

Will this work in a C3 Vette application? It has PS now, but its the crappy assist style with a control valve, like older PS equipped Chevys. I have considered rach and pinion, but have herd bad things about Steeroids and the VB&P "Rack Attack" is so new I haven't heard anything definite on it.
      Joe Hinds

how was it "designed" for "NASCAR" I crewed with arca teams in the past and we all used 800 boxes!?
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

Do you have a kit for a 63 impala? I have power assist and its shot. I have alot of play so i am looking for a new steering box and what ever else is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by 79T/Aman
      how was it "designed" for "NASCAR" I crewed with arca teams in the past and we all used 800 boxes!?
      The internals are very similar. There is just a slight difference in size. The 670 box is a little smaller and lighter. Other than that, they are built on the same internal architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by West Texas Z
      Thanks, will you let me know how it works after driving it for a while. I'm interested to know. Thanks again.
      Saw this post bumped back up and I wanted to let you know that I never did get any driving time on the new box before the car had to be put away for winter. My detailed driving impressions will not come until spring... Gosh darned Northeastern winters...

T bar size

What options (sizes) are there for the road feel from the "t Bar" with this box?

pics of the install

Does anyone have a pic of the box and pump installed in their car?

Unisteer,

I have a 1970 nova with the camaro short steering arms and the long pitman and idler arm. My steering is 2 1/4 turns lock to lock. Not sure what box I have(came with the car) What ratio do you recomend?

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com