Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Edel Carb

Country Flag: United States

Edel Carb

So I currently have a 600 man choke Edelbrock carb on my 289. The car basically falls on it's face when I floor it. Also has an uneven "pur" to it so to say when hoding at a steady RPM out of gear. Kinda coughs and jumps around alittle. After about 2500rpm it runs like a top at WOT. Carb is box stock. Any tuning suggestions or if you need more info let me know. I'm sorry if this is vague.

66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

It sounds like the carb is a bit too lean. I had a similar problem years back with a Edel 750, just had to richen up the rods and jets 2 steps I believe, according to the chart in the instructions that came with it.
      2018 Cruze LT Hatchback
      2003 Suburban 2500 8.1L
      1975 MGB Roadster
      2003 GSX750F Katana

Read the owners manual. Sounds like a simple pump arm hole change could help.

Yea, owners manual long gone. I have a few other tuning issues to attend to. I need to check the gap on my plugs and also run some carb cleaner through the carb. It has been sitting for awhile but I just figured it would clear up. After I get the baselines check, I'll look into doing the mentioned methods. Thanks guys, I'll try to work on it tonight.
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

Look on their website. There use to be a full owners manual, and a bunch of tuning tips.

What hole is your pump arm in now?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com