Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: "Sorta New"...

Country Flag: United States

"Sorta New"...

Hey Gang,

New to posting here, but have been a member lurking for a while. Located near Indy, and really enjoy the info provided by the site!

My "big" project is a '64 Chevelle 2 door wagon. It's been "apart for paint" since '96, so it's more like a career than a project! I got involved with the local Chevelle club a few years back, which re-ignited my interest to wrench on it. I then decided to "extend the scope" of the project by building a fresh chassis. I started with a elky frame, and have been adding many of the common "bolt on" goodies (Baer, Hotchkis, AGR, etc). The engine is a pleasant running 461 BBC with a 700R4 behind it. The rear axle is a "less than common" GM "type O" unit with 3.91 posi guts. Other items include a complete 3" exhaust and a set of 17" "original Boyd's" vintage style billet wheels (from the mid '90's, before the "Boyd Coddington" brand was established). The body itself still resides "three feet in the air" on jack stands while cancer is slowly being cured - one patch at a time. The firewall has been smoothed, and other "mild" custom touches will likely follow.

Work has consumed most of my "wrenching time" for the past year or more. Although I struggle with the familiar "time & money" resources to move along faster, I stay inspired by monitoring various projects on this site, and the buildup of the same model car as mine at Schwartz Extreme Performance. My "final" product will end up a bit tamer (and cheaper) than the "Devistation Wagon", but promises to be an enjoyable vehicle to drive.

I'll try to dig up & post some photos when time allows. I also plan to "make some room" in the garage, and post some items for sale that are laying around (bought the wrong thing, changed my mind, etc.) in the near future.

Looking forward to getting "back into it" and becoming more active around here.
      Augie

Welcome to the site, Augie.

Welcome to the site, Augie. Glad to see you finally post up!

Welcome aboard Augie.
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'll try to get some pics posted in the project section soon, although the body is a little hard to look at right now!

Kevin --

Found these in my collection. Let me know if your ok, or not ok, with me posting these pics.

22 PHOTOS:

Howdy Augie, welcome

Thanks for posting the link Steve! I'll follow up with more recent shots when available.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com