Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Quote Originally Posted by DarkoNova
      Rybar, did you coat your headers or something? They're supposed to be stainless, correct? Why is it that the pics DCx posted look dull and unfinished and yours look almost chrome? For almost a grand, I'd expect some nice looking headers.

Matt

Matt,
      Ryan's headers are polished stainless, the ones in the other pics are raw stainless. I chose to save some $$ and went with the standard (not polished) finish. I think they look cool after getting some heat cycles on them, and I think they will be more durable than ceramic coating.

Andy

Country Flag: United States
      Maybe a little off topic, but at a local show tonight, I saw a 1969 Camaro with an LS1 in it. He used Street & Performance mounts & headers. I forgot to get a shot of FW clearance and forgot to ask what engine stands were used. He did say he did not like their crossmember and ended up getting one elsewhere. Otherwise he was happy with their products.

LH mount

RH mount

RH header - it appeared to have some marks on the #2 tube where it may have contacted the UCA. Probably no issue with tubulars.

LH header. Good clearance.

Interesting, he mounted his ECM and ALDL link up front on the LH rad support.

A side note, this was an older guy and he did this himself in a low mileage (44k) Camaro. He says the old guys kind of poo-poo his new high-tech mill. Then he said oh well, that is their loss.
      Last edited by BonzoHansen; 05-24-2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Fixed pic links
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

i was looking around i saw that trans dapt makes a new style of ls1 mounts. they are like the hooker plates but the engine mount holes are inline with the block holes. check em out.

new trans dapt mounts

hooker style

and lastly the S&P, carshop, and transdapt style mounts mounts

from my previos postings and what patric had mentioned, the new style transdapt plates should work with the hooker headers.

and lastly! Doug's has a line of camaro and chevelle ls1 headers.

Camaro
      http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/KeywordSearchCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&lan gId=-1&N=0&Ntt=d3337&Ntk=all&Nty=1&D=d3337&Ntx=mode%2 Bm atchallany&Dx=mode%2Bmatchallany&searchTerm=d3337

Chevelle
      http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/KeywordSearchCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&lan gId=-1&N=0&Ntt=d3338&Ntk=all&Nty=1&D=d3338&Ntx=mode%2 Bm atchallany&Dx=mode%2Bmatchallany&searchTerm=d3338

Country Flag: United States
      I got S&P plates on my car and I'm going to run Stainless Works headers for power steering. That is what S&P recommended and that is what another user did with his first gen and had no problems.

1968 Pro-Touring Camaro LS1

Project: Next Year
      - Start date; June '01
      - Completion; Sometime next year or the year after.....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com