Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

LSX in a 63 nova

I have a ques. Has anyone put a LS basied motor in one with a Heidts front end? If so what oil pan did you use? I plan on putting a 4.8 in mine and the truck pan is too deep. I'm not opposed to cutting it up but then I'm not sure about the oil capacity. Any help or pics would be great.

Country Flag: United States
      Can't help with pics but I cant tell you that all the cars used shallower pans than the truck. The Fbody/C6 vette pans are similar to what an SBC would use. Rear sump nothing oddly shaped. The GTO/CTSV pans are front sump and the C5 pan has the wings. You're going to most likely need an Fbody pan or call ATS-----> and get one of their pans.
      Trey

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
      ~ Jon Hammond

1979 WS6 Trans Am stock LT1/T56 drive train out of my Formula. BMW M-parallel rims. C5/C6 brakes

build thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=begins

Thanks looks like in in the market for a f-body pan.

Country Flag: United States
      I used the truck pan in my 73 vette ,had to cut it to get ground clearance,lost 1 quart went from 6 to 5.Im gone to add a cooler later on.Youre better off with fbody pan instead.

73 corvette chop top silver LS6 motor ,LS6 intake,700r4,2400 pro torque convertor ,3.70 gears,modified hooker sidepipes to fit LS1,17 x9.5 boyd starburst,nitto 275/50/17-255/50/17 tires,vb&p suspension,nitrous,L-88 headlights,autometer guages.L88 hood,flares,spreader bar,vb&p sway bars

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com