Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

repo door shells

Has anybody used repo door shells? The ones that are complete doors. just wondering what people thought about them.
      Thanks,
      Paul

They are thin, a little wavy, and don't line up right with the fenders. Then again, the fenders are aftermarket too. I would try to save the originals if you can. Just skin them if they are dented or try to repair any rust damage.

I skinned my '69's driver side and used a shell on the passenger side. Both from Goodmark. The original passenger shell needed more fixing then I was willing to do... the side I skinned did too, but much less. I also have repop 1/4's and fenders, which were installed before the door. I had a ton of gap massaging I had to perform. But not sure if the fitment problem it was the repop fender, 1/4, Door Shell, my amature bodyman skills. Probably all four combined! I also had to massage gaps on the skinned side, but not quite as much as the shelled side.

I looked at the doors again today, and the front of the door is definately the wrong shape. Quote from Goodmark, "woops"

good to know

well seeing how they seem to really suck i will fix mine they are not that bad i just though if the repos were good quality it would just be better to use them. STUPID RUST

Tried some on my 67. Junk.
      Gary C.

Country Flag: United States
      I have a set if your interested. I bought them from Classic Industries and then decide to go with the whole new doors. Their for 67-68.

69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com