Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Problems with Soffseal

Has anyone ever had problems with these guys? I bought a weatherstrip from them that is clearly mis-molded and they say it isn’t and they won’t take them back.
      I provided them pictures of both Steele Rubber Products and Metro weatherstrips that are molded correctly and they still say theirs is correct.
      It leaks water when I wash the car and HOWLS wind when I drive.
      Any other feedback on these guys?

Worlds Fastest LFX powered 1966 Chevelle, with a 3.6L/217 CI, 4 cam direct injected V6, 6 speed auto, full Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheel Wilwood discs, white w/red interior, cowl hood. 3260 lbs w/full tank.

I bought soffseals, they're in a box collecting dust as I now use metro. It seams soffseal outsourced to India a few years back. Their quality is subpar. Metro seals can usually be sourced pretty cheap on amazon.

I used soffseal and have water leaks and air noise too. I just thought that was part of having a 60s car. Would you upload the pics you mentioned about the different brands? I didn’t realize there was a difference, trying to understand what to look for. After I installed mine and had issues, I saw where guys on here were recommending metro seal. I guess that’s in the list to do.

this is a trunk seal for 68 Camaro. Soffseal on the left, metro on the right.

Even the overall shapes are vastly different, and once I out in the metro seal the trunk no longer sat up 1/4"

I had an OER that looked exactly like the one of the left. Caused me nothing but issues. I replaced it with a Soffseal that looks exactly like the one on the right and its been great.

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
      this is a trunk seal for 68 Camaro. Soffseal on the left, metro on the right.

Even the overall shapes are vastly different, and once I out in the metro seal the trunk no longer sat up 1/4"

Soffseal are known to be too stiff. Doors won’t close etc. I use Metro for everything.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com