Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34

Thread: Project FNQUIK

Country Flag: United States
      Wow, so much room without a leaf spring in the way!!

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Always wanted CNC'd parts Be Careful What You Wish For!

Like the title says I always wanted CNC ported heads, CNC ported Throttle body, or other parts.

It looks like I'm getting something CNC ported, just not what I wished for.
      Since the end of 2019 I've been trying to get my hip replaced . First covid 19 then no room in the hospital, all appointments full for 6 months. Last week I got a date for surgery December 15th. No car parts just my pelvis being robotically CNC'd for the new hip. Merry Christmas to me!

Between now and then ten appointments. One was to meet the surgeon. I don't mind the surgery just the down time with the car so close to first startup. I'm going to do what I can before then.
      I hope I'll get to post another update.

Wayne
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Good luck with the surgery. While you're rehabbing, you will have plenty of time to pick a color.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post

Like the title says I always wanted CNC ported heads, CNC ported Throttle body, or other parts.

It looks like I'm getting something CNC ported, just not what I wished for.
      Since the end of 2019 I've been trying to get my hip replaced . First covid 19 then no room in the hospital, all appointments full for 6 months. Last week I got a date for surgery December 15th. No car parts just my pelvis being robotically CNC'd for the new hip. Merry Christmas to me!

Between now and then ten appointments. One was to meet the surgeon. I don't mind the surgery just the down time with the car so close to first startup. I'm going to do what I can before then.
      I hope I'll get to post another update.

Wayne
      Dang Wayne I pray you heal quickly so you can return to your car build. What a setback. Well that will definitely give you the time to think of on colors and parts.
      Get well soon
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

hoping for a quick recovery Wayne!
      Tony

Praying for a quick recovery!
      David Sloan

If you’re suggesting sending men with weapons of war to take my weapons of war,then I’m fairly certain that’s what’s called an act of war… and the definition of tyranny.which coincidentally is the reason for the second amendment to begin with!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=fun+camaro

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...lcamino-build!

How did your hip replacement go? Wishing you the best and looking forward to an FNQUICK return to this project. Looks mighty close.
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

So how are you progressing wayne on your hip. You been silent on your build and commenting on mine lol.
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Hi guys, The hip is amazing! When I went for my therapy and they checked my mobility numbers I was ahead of most people whey they finished therapy. I could do stairs with one foot in front of the other three weeks after the surgery. Snow and crappy weather kept me in the house I didn't want to take a digger.
      The only problem was they sent me home the afternoon of the surgery with pain meds. (which I never needed) and an antibiotic. The next morning I took one of the antibiotics when the therapist was checking vitals and had me get up. My BP dropped, turned white, not making any sense totally out of it. Ambulance ride back to the hospital oxygen IV the whole works. For four days they couldn't get my BP up all my vitals and blood work was way out of whack. I spent the next 5 day in there across from the nurse station, they couldn't figure it out. The last day I reminded them I was allergic to Ceclor They said your on another pill that is in the family with that. Guess what! They stopped it and I was 90% better the next day. Recovering from the antibiotic took 4-5 weeks, and my balance still isn't great yet. Every once in a while if I go under the car on the lift and tip my head back I look like a drunk trying to walk on ice trying to stay on my feet. So I still have to be careful. Just got back from 3 weeks visiting family in Florida a week ago so going to try to get it running, its already close.

Thank you guys for asking.
      Wayne

Wow thats pretty scary. Glad they got it figured out. That could of been bad. As far as the getting under the car and tilting head back i get that same thing but i guess its just from being old lol. So many people give up and sell the car as projects. You have hung in there and it will be worth it in the long run.Good luck with everything and the start up.

That's a scary situation - I'm glad they figured it out! I guess that's why they have those long forms where they ask about allergies. Is the head tilt vertigo something they expect to go away?

I just want to say thank you for all the encouragement over the years here and on other forums/social media. There's so much more to life than these cars, but it's something we share a passion for and I love hearing that yours is close to running. It's been 15years since you started this thread. It's mind blowing how far you've come with this car from those early photos of a carcass. The final push will have huge payoff!
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

Appreciate the compliment! Been skimming yours and it is a grand one! Love it and like others hope your back in the saddle

So great to hear. That's when prayers go up is when we don't know and the doc don't know what the heck is going on. Thank God it didn't do you in. Bet your wife was a worried gal.
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      Jasons Toys
      2000 HD Softail

Country Flag: Sweden
      I just got some pictures of the work on my exhaust, he made an X pipe to fit around the 4l85. This trans is a lot longer than a turbo 350 Here's a few pictures.

Here are a few pictures of it where the X pipe is going on the car.

This has me concerned. I'm planning to have the exhaust coated, I don't think they can do anything for the the flex coupler. I'm going to make a heat shield if there's room, I'll also put heat shield over the trans cable.

Some of his TIG work.

Very nice welds! Also good to read that your surgery went well, Wayne!
      Henrik

"Mechanix Menace": An LS7-motivated, chopped, tube framed, and heavily modified 1973 Datsun 240Z

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...73-Datsun-240Z

Hey Wayne how's the recovery going?

This is an amazing build. It's a bit concerning that there were health issues mentioned and then this thread just stopped in tracks. I hope everything is OK.

I'm doing good, finally.
      I've been in Florida for the last 3 weeks my brother was in the hospital with chest pain and they found out a section of his heart is damaged. It caused his kidneys to fail so I'm trying to help him get his stuff set up. I couldn't stay home with him here sick. I'm 68 he's 78 and was in good shape. Now he has trouble getting the mail so I'll be here for a couple more weeks or how ever he needs me. Thanks for checking in.
      Wayne

I'm doing good, finally.
      I've been in Florida for the last 3 weeks...
      Hey! Thank you for taking the time to check in! I hope your brother gets well soon, and that you get some time to rest and take care of yourself.

I'm doing good, finally.
      I've been in Florida for the last 3 weeks my brother was in the hospital with chest pain and they found out a section of his heart is damaged. It caused his kidneys to fail so I'm trying to help him get his stuff set up. I couldn't stay home with him here sick. I'm 68 he's 78 and was in good shape. Now he has trouble getting the mail so I'll be here for a couple more weeks or how ever he needs me. Thanks for checking in.
      I am sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he has a smooth recovery. Where in Florida? I am in the panhandle.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com