Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Project FNQUIK

Your thread is fun! From a car standing on it's feet to a skeleton to your fresh shiny pro-tour ride standing on it's fresh wheels!

Nice!

Country Flag: United States

I just read through ur thread again wow it's been a long ride. Car really is getting there. Looking good it's amazing how long it takes to put these cars together. I think most of it is waiting on people's schedules. Do u have a color picked out yet

Quote Originally Posted by thumper877 View Post
      I just read through ur thread again wow it's been a long ride. Car really is getting there. Looking good it's amazing how long it takes to put these cars together. "I think most of it is waiting on people's schedules." Do u have a color picked out yet
      Yes you know how it goes, no time got to make the money. Not working plenty of time no Money. Retired some money too beat up to crawl around under the car for very long two weeks to recuperate!lol
      As far as color I have about 5 I would use. I like the maroon on the F150. I contacted GM for the color that is on the orange Camaro that was at SEMA, Quite a few times and they got back to me every time. The last guy was kind of snotty He said we haven't even put it in the new car books yet! I guess I can see his point. But it didn't stop me from trying Those are two I'm thinking of but I've changed color before.

Colors drive me crazy in the early 70's I had my 69 Z/28 it was Red/black stripes, then I painted it midnight Blue with one wide white stripe with candy colors on the hood and a graveyard scene on the trunk with the Grim Reaper standing over head stones for Ford,Dodge, Hemi, and a few of my friends names on them too. I traded it in on a 73 RS/LT it was midnight blue/white stripes, I painted it Firemist redish cinomin color with black stripes. So you see I have a problems with sticking with one color.. And being locked up in this house isn't helping!

Mike you locked up at home too?
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Wayne, I have a story to tell. In March of 07, the parts to build my 32 Ford pickup began to arrive. My plan was to paint it Ford white with some pin striping and use it as a daily driver. In June, I went to the Pueblo NSRA event. After you had walked around long enough, you used to go into the exhibitors building and find the Rod Doors display and sit on one of their seats. They were all full. There was a very proper lady sitting on a 32 Ford seat. I asked if I could sit and she said that would be fine. I started a conversation and she had told me that this was her 1st as being a car owner. Her husband had built a 37 Chevy pickup. She said " I don't know anything about this but they use outrageous colors on the inside and outside that you would never see in normal life". I thought about that and decided she was correct. I got out the paint book when I got home and that's how the 32 ended up green. I used the white on the firewall and the interior. That color started many conversations with strangers. It opened doors that otherwise I would have never even seen. I never grew tired of it, either. Good luck with your choice.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

My wife has been asking me what color it was going to be, now my grandchildren are asking and the wife said don't ask him he has no idea and if he did it would just be this weeks color....
      Wayne

I’m really excited for you to get this thing on the road so that you can enjoy it. You’ve put so much hard work into it already. It will be very rewarding when it is on the road!

Thanks! my buddy used to tell me I wouldn't live long enough to drive it, This virus snapped me to attention!...

Wayne

Yeah I understand the color thing. I must have changed my mind a million times. I would pick a color and say thats it love it then I would see another color and it changed. Drove my painter crazy. The ford maroon is a gorgeous color. That was on my list. Good luck

Color is one of the toughest decisions.
      Wayne

Hey Wayne,

Since my project has drug on for so long, I have been back and forth on colors also. It's a tough decision. I know I want to pick something that's not a fad so it doesn't get old looking at it over time. Tough decision.

Hopefully, your wiring job won't take long and we get past this shelter at home stuff.

Looking forward to more updates!
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

Thanks Ray, I have about two pages of colors I saved over the years. I'm afraid to look at then I'll really get confused.
      Wayne

I've got a small update on the car. The car is out getting wiring and the A/C installed. The wiring for the tail light section has been neatened up. The A/C has been mocked up and some of the hoses for the heat have been changed to the -10 AN and run to the heat control valve. I needed different A/C fittings because of all the changes with inter cooler and pumps. But it's just wait for the fittings to be delivered.

Here's the challenges you run into when you run out of room. That RS headlight door has stung me a few times. We put a regular 90 there and moved the charge port.

Here's where the dryer is going.

Wayne

There was more progress. I'm running a Dakota Digital RTX gauge set up with a D.D. cruise control, fan controller, BIM box and because it is a connect and cruise kit the gear Shift indicator sensor, since the GM setup doesn't send a signal for which gear your in..

Here's the plate they're going to be mounted on.

Here are the relays for the cooling fans

Here's the sensor for the gear shift mounted on the trans.

The trans was tight for connecting the controller wiring, the connector was too close to the floor. Brian dropped the spacer I had to get my drive train angle and took about 1/2" off the spacer and now the plug fits by 1/4". He tigged it back together and painted it up, and now were done with that.

Picture of the trans wiring plug.

Wayne

All the A/C fittings, a-10 for the heater hose and Gates shrink clamps showed up today. Those Gates clamps wow some people think their Gold Speedway motors had them on E bay I saw $28 I send a message to them asking how many for that price they say 1 I sent them a message back but not to order. I got them for $3.59 after checking for an hour, and after I ordered them found them for $2.10. Guess I should have looked longer lol
      Wayne

That Dakota Digital board looks great with all of the wiring. Curious where you are going to place it in the car?

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

I changed my mind daily on the color. Every car I have built I always new what color I wanted but not this one. I'd pick a color and say I love it thats it. Then in a few days I would be trolling around on Google and see something else lol. It's definitely a tough choice. Good luck. Just remember u may someday sell it so u have to keep that in mind too. Stay safe up there.

It’s going under the dash either above the pedals or just along side of them. I left the exact placement up to him.
      Thumper I’m almost 65 and I hope to drive it at least as long as I worked on it . If you do the math my kids can worry about selling it. Lol
      Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      It’s going under the dash either above the pedals or just along side of them. I left the exact placement up to him.
      Thumper I’m almost 65 and I hope to drive it at least as long as I worked on it . If you do the math my kids can worry about selling it. Lol
      BIM needs to be accessible imho. Glovebox or somewhere similar. I have had to use the diagnostic display and reprogram the bus address a couple of times. It will be a beeotch to do that with it buried under the dash.

Come to think about it the same with the gear display and fan controller, they need programming. Will be tough if they are not accessible.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Wayne, you've been a great supporter of many projects on this forum. If there's anything I can do to help with anything, let me know. I know we're a long ways away, but more brain power can be useful.

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com